Full Metal Jacket

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
My copy automatically stops playing after 45 minutes :hubie:

Eh. While the boot camp part was clearly the GOAT of the movie. You can't sleep on the other parts of the movie like Joker losing his smile at the end, the intense sniper scenes, and so forth.

The movie overall is that shyt:wow:

mcellas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Miami
Agreed. It's kinda almost like 2 movies in 1. Boot camp is almost like it's own movie, then the nam part. No movie is fukking with the boot camp part of this movie. :whew:

"Holy dog shyt! Texas? Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy, and you don't look much like a steer to me, so that kinda narrows it down. Do you suck dikks?" :heh:
:russ:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Eh. While the boot camp part was clearly the GOAT of the movie. You can't sleep on the other parts of the movie like Joker losing his smile at the end, the intense sniper scenes, and so forth.

The movie overall is that shyt:wow:
The theme of the movie is on the second half. The first part is funny but the second part brings home how sad and stupid war is. Don't lose the message kiddies. :ufdup:

- "How can you kill women . . . children?
- " Don't lead them so much. Haha War is hell ain't it?"
The second half has its funny parts to.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
The theme of the movie is on the second half. The first part is funny but the second part brings home how sad and stupid war is. Don't lose the message kiddies. :ufdup:

Yep. I love how they really touch on how retarded that war was from the news fabrication of the war, the "downtime" that the soldiers was indulging in, and the fact that the soldiers sung the mickey mouse club theme towards the end was such a dope close out to the movie.

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
Uh, the boot camp part is what really carries that movie once in Vietnam it kind of falls off. I would say platoon deer hunter and Apocalypse now are better overall movies

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I will give you three seconds, exactly three fukking seconds, to wipe that stupid grin off your face, or I will gouge out your eyeballs and skull-fukk you!:deadmanny::whew:

Them bars:bryan:
Funnily enough, the tone shifts in this film wiped all those stupid grins off my face plenty of times throughout. Paths of Glory is probably my GOAT Kubrick war movie but I loved the dive into dehumanization here.

My anxiety was at an all-time high during the Vietnam scenes. The build-up with the final sniper was like something out of a horror movie and I’m still :mjcry: over Joker losing a piece of his soul. It’s pretty wild that all of those scenes were shot in the outskirts of London.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Funnily enough, the tone shifts in this film wiped all those stupid grins off my face plenty of times throughout. Paths of Glory is probably my GOAT Kubrick war movie but I loved the dive into dehumanization here.

My anxiety was at an all-time high during the Vietnam scenes. The build-up with the final sniper was like something out of a horror movie and I’m still :mjcry: over Joker losing a piece of his soul. It’s pretty wild that all of those scenes were shot in the outskirts of London.

Breh that entire movie had layers....

• How war turn boys to killers
  • How Pyle became good at the only thing that ended his life
  • How Motherlover was on some :mjpls:, but ran through that sniper zone the moment ole dude got killed
  • The Mickey Mouse scene :wow:
It stills blows my mind of how the flick was shot near London, despite the fact that the movie looked legit in Saigon.

One of my favorite war movies next to Apocalypse Now.