Full Body Workout Plan?

Rich Spirit

#LeveledUp
Daps
Reppin
houston.
Hey y'all, just signed up at the gym today. Looking for a Full body Workout Plan to get me started. Anyone have a plan that they can suggest me?

• Dap
Reactions: JDH

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
How many weeks is that program?

As long as you want it to be.

The program, which Medhi ripped from Bill Starr, can be ran for as long as you want. The length of progress/adaptation before you start to reach diminishing returns and then plateau will depend on your form, calorie intake/surplus, initial size/strength, rest, and recuperative ability.

This could be 3-6 months or much longer, it depends on how light you start and how long you can go before stalling continuously.

I've re-ran the program past the "novice" stage at various points of my lifting life (including right now) several times.

Also keep in mind that once SL5x5 stops working, closely related programs such as TM, Madcow, Advanced SL

3-6 months

Incorrect. :usure:

nasty

Stunts, Blunts and HipHop
Supporter
Daps
As long as you want it to be.

The program, which Medhi ripped from Bill Starr, can be ran for as long as you want. The length of progress/adaptation before you start to reach diminishing returns and then plateau will depend on your form, calorie intake/surplus, initial size/strength, rest, and recuperative ability.

This could be 3-6 months or much longer, it depends on how light you start and how long you can go before stalling continuously.

I've re-ran the program past the "novice" stage at various points of my lifting life (including right now) several times.

Also keep in mind that once SL5x5 stops working, closely related programs such as TM, Madcow, Advanced SL

Incorrect. :usure:

i want to start doing the 5x5 after a year off from the weight room. only problem is I ain't that guy that's going to bench in the squat rack and we are not allowed spotters. I am neurotic when it comes to benching heavy without a spotter. Can I do this program with with Dumbells for Bench only?

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
i want to start doing the 5x5 after a year off from the weight room. only problem is I ain't that guy that's going to bench in the squat rack and we are not allowed spotters. I am neurotic when it comes to benching heavy without a spotter. Can I do this program with with Dumbells for Bench only?

You don't need a spotter.

1) Benching in the rack is perfectly acceptable, especially if there are no BP benches. (A lot of times you'll be benching more than these people be squatting. :hhh:)

2) You won't be going heavy when you start a 5x5 program. If you do, you're wrong. So initially you could bench on a BP bench without a spotter.

3) fukk you even need a spotter for? So if you go to the gym on a bench day and nobody is there, you just skip benching or maybe go home? :stopitslime: Learn to do the roll of shame or tip drill like a real one, and don't bench with clips on the barbell. Simple. :yeshrug:

I might grab a spot maybe 4 times a year while benching 2-6 times a week. :ld:

If those don't sound like things you're willing to do, I suggest finding a program that is meant to be used for DBs.

But no, doing SL or SS or anything like that with DBs is not really an option; you'll see why when you start to stall and can't microload fixed DBs.

(Also, BB BP =/= DB BP. Same goes for standing strict press vs. DB shoulder press on these programs as well.)

nasty

Stunts, Blunts and HipHop
Supporter
Daps
2) You won't be going heavy when you start a 5x5 program. If you do, you're wrong. So initially you could bench on a BP bench without a spotter.

3) fukk you even need a spotter for? So if you go to the gym on a bench day and nobody is there, you just skip benching or maybe go home? :stopitslime:

nah, I usually just bench with DB. I prefer using DB for bench, that’s why I was asking.

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
I did Starting Strength Linear Progression program 5x5 with Dumbells for Bench press

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
I’d say start out doing a bro split ie one muscle group a day. Chest, back, arms, shoulders, legs.

You don’t wanna do full body right off the bat and your whole body is too sore to go to the gym the next day.

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
Look up jason wittrock on youtube. His workouts aren’t too much volume and are good for getting back into the gym.