Fukk it I’ll taper and braid my own hair

Daps
But yeah two strand twists are easy. Gotta get the right products though, to make it look slick. Oh and thats gonna cost you a good 30-40 dollars if you get quality stuff....which they also have to keep in stocks at the shops. So yeah, everything costs

Black Haven

We will find another road to glory!!!
Daps
But yeah two strand twists are easy. Gotta get the right products though, to make it look slick. Oh and thats gonna cost you a good 30-40 dollars if you get quality stuff....which they also have to keep in stocks at the shops. So yeah, everything costs
Luckily for me I still have ton of stuff my ex gave me like an detangling brush, conditioner, heat treatment etc so I’m good on that end. Just gotta buy me some clippers, guards and a self cut mirror and I’m good.

Fill Collins

I like the one that says shum pulp
Daps
Mirrors and (masking tape :mjgrin:)

I used to go around different shops and tell the breh I had a white girlfriend and saved $5 or so :mjpls:

Daps
Luckily for me I still have ton of stuff my ex gave me like an detangling brush, conditioner, heat treatment etc so I’m good on that end. Just gotta buy me some clippers, guards and a self cut mirror and I’m good.

it's definitely the way to go. i only go to the hair salon to get a cut (which only cost me $20, i'm usually just trimming the ends which takes like 10 min) or on special occasions or when i get color.
i don't mind paying but i just don't like the time it takes. be in there for hours :dead:

your avi is wild btw lol

Last edited:

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
My old barber changed locations and then acted like he was doing me a solid when he charged me the old $30-35 rate "But actually the price is $45 here".

I thanked him, tipped him like normal, and never went back.

Cutting your own hair is a learning curve tho. I wished I learned through covid. I think the hardest part is that there's a point when you're halfway through and it looks like complete shyt, so it's easy to panic but over time, you can focus more on the task and pull things back from the abyss. I'm slowly making progress w/ my fade over time so I'm OK w/ it. Saving damn near $800/yr

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Nighas still want $20 haircuts.

You got to be a fool to be a barber these days, $20 a head will have you slaving away :camby::picard: