Fukk it I’ll taper and braid my own hair

Black Haven

We will find another road to glory!!!
Daps
My barber went from 30$ to 45$ for a high taper and line while all these beauticians charging over 120$ for stitch braids or two strand twist shyt is crazy smh. My only hope is YouTube videos I can learn from to save money.

If this doesn’t work and I fukk my head up then im cutting all my shyt off and going bald while wearing a snap back:mjlol::mjcry: wish me luck y’all.

Black Haven

Daps
We encouraged dudes to experiment with cutting and styling their hair during the pandemic.
At the very least, to be able to extend the time between appointments with professionals.
I remember that I just wasn’t confident enough to do it but hell now I’m trying to save money

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
you gotta think, you have a professional in your hair for hours. if that was a lawyer you would be paying $1000/hr. labor and skills cost.
Landscapers out here cutting 3k sq ft lawns and taper the sides and edges for $30 in the worst conditions. Why does a barber need $40 for a quick drop fade and line up? :mjpls:

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
I remember that I just wasn’t confident enough to do it but hell now I’m trying to save money

its really not rocket science. since YT came out with tutorials barbers have resorted to all sorts of stoopid "spa" options to keep the hu$tle going.

If you got some regular shyt no reason y u can't do it yourself if you got 2 functional hands.

Black Haven

Daps
Ig got ppl thinking their entitled to overcharge. Mfs gotta boycott.
A dude I’m cool with goes to a popular ig barber in our city and he charges dude 80$ which is insane to me. He cuts be clean asf but I really think he and others go to bro because it raises their personal follow count because he post videos of their cuts on ig and they get thousands of likes.

The BasedFather

Task Force
Daps
Reppin
Bltch Mob
Growing my hair rn, but I stopped going to the barber at 18 because I couldn’t afford it. Started cutting my own hair from YouTube and got nice. Gonna be interesting learning to two strand twist and all that crap but it looks easy enough.

Daps
Landscapers out here cutting 3k sq ft lawns and taper the sides and edges for $30 in the worst conditions. Why does a barber need $40 for a quick drop fade and line up? :mjpls:

I said SKILLS, hes talking about stitch braids which takes hours. And i think anyone cutting hair has to get a cert for that. a 10 year old can mow a lawn, I do mine myself despite the cost and I'm a girl lol. Or yall can do what op is doing and learn yourself.

People's price, is their price.