Friday the 13, 2017: What's the Best Horror Flick Since 2010?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Well this whole paranormal/ghost shyt is real popular or was I think it's losing some steam. More atmospheric/psychological type flicks which are coo if done right but I really can't think of a true horror movie I liked in a very long time. :patrice:

I'll ask you the same question: What's true horror in your eyes?

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Well my favorite horror I grew up with were the classics TCM, Halloween, American Werewolf in London, NOES, Candyman etc.

Last horror movie that felt like horror to me was probably High Tension.

Word. I don't think horror fits in a box though. The movies you listed aren't at all like the exorcist or psycho or alien or peeping tom or night of the hunter or even Romero's zombie movies.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
It's horror bruh. I get what you saying. I just need to be terrified if I'm watching one. Since I'm an OG tho, it may be hard for a movie to do that to me. I still look for it tho.

I mean that's real though. The older you get, the tougher it is to be scared by a horror movie. Something like Friday the 13th scared the hell out of me as a kid. Now? Not at all. So i don't always look at a horror movie now to "scare" me in the same way I'd be scared as an 8 year old. Rather is it creepy enough or get me thinking about stuff or the effects or the gore or lack thereof or the atmosphere. Rosemary's Baby has never scared me, not even as a kid, but it's still creepy as hell and upsetting lol. The scariest thing about that movie is the idea the world is out to get you and everyones in on the joke but you. That's fukked up and the more you think about it, the more fukked up it becomes

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
It's horror bruh. I get what you saying. I just need to be terrified if I'm watching one. Since I'm an OG tho, it may be hard for a movie to do that to me. I still look for it tho.

Breh you're a grown ass man. You would have to suspend all sorts of disbelief and logic to be utterly terrified of a horror movie......

If a horror movie can creep me out or make feel me tense then it's done it's job, but the likely hood of me walking out a theatre terrified isn't happening.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Breh you're a grown ass man. You would have to suspend all sorts of disbelief and logic to be utterly terrified of a horror movie......

If a horror movie can creep me out or make feel me tense then it's done it's job, but the likely hood of me walking out a theatre terrified isn't happening.

Yeah exactly. Those days are long long gone.