Fresh Prince vs Martin

Fresh Prince Or Martin

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ThaGlow

All Star
Daps
Marty Mar FTW. But to be fair, Will had a deeper cast. Even Uncle Phil and Carlton can outshine Will at times. Martin was unfukkwittable in all scenes, kinda like Bruce Lee in any Bruce Lee film.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
if we talking straight comedy i'll have to go with martin, but the better "show" is fresh prince becuz it was hilarious and it dealt with everything from racism to how poorer black folk feel towards ones with money.....plus that episode where will daddy come bak in his life but then winds up leaving him again always have a nikka like :to:

Dark Knyght

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boulevard of Broken Dreams
76629f6c.gif

9eea66b2.gif

dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz
easily martin
- the first 2-3 seasons are some of the best ever on tv. shyt i think their first season was 28 episodes, so they had enough to make it 4 seasons now a days. Fresh prince was cool, but martin is a top 2-3 tv comedy.

Jone2three45

Supporter
Daps
Fresh Prince is great but during its final seasons it became stale, will character did not show any growth, Calrton outshinned him. Even Marlon Wayan's character had a legit job on his show no matter how goofy he was. To the changes of mothers, Nicky and staleness, Martin hands down is goat. Even will copied martins gestures and steeze for his own show. Plus will is a little more "universal friendly" compared to Martin so I can see why fresh Prince is more of you guys favorite.

Daps
Reppin
Maryland by way of DC
They're both classic shows. I can't choose. :damn: But since you're going to make me, the first three and a half seasons of Martin were hilarious as hell with high replay value.

Heimdall

Pro
Daps
Since the thread's already been bumped
5v4UaGi.png

I started watching Martin for the first time recently, I'm near the end of Season 2. I'm enjoying it but some of the humour feels very much of its time (it's clear they are different shows.) And some of the characters are lost on me, but that's okay, maybe the references are just before my time lol.

Various thoughts:

I love it when the actors almost break character, maybe because I watched these before I started watching the series. Tommy with the dog :russ:

Why does Martin hate on Pam like that? :mjcry:
And is the state of a lady's kitchen as significant to them as a man's hairline is to them? :jbhmm:

Does Stan ever give anything other than abysmal advice?! :why: :heh:

What are these jackets even called? These Salt-N-Pepa jackets
90s-Martin-Lawrence-Leather-Jacket-Front.webp

With all that said, I still (currently) prefer Fresh Prince :lolbron: which for me has endless rewatch value. Beyond its broad appeal, this could just be because I grew up watching it.