Freddie Gibbs & Madlib - Bandana (Discussion Thread)

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps

:dwillhuh:

BiySvzrA_o.gif
BiySvzrA_o.gif
BiySvzrA_o.gif
BiySvzrA_o.gif

WHY didn't this make the album? :mindblown:

@PlayerNinety_Nine I'm tellin you breh...Madlib got that dancehall album/tape somewhere collecting digital dust :francis:

It's on the deluxe, been bumping it nonstop

Daps
I believe him. Dude used some Fisher Price toy for Madvillain

DorG1SSXoAATVPG.jpg

:mindblown:

I really could get on my nerd shyt with his and dillas hip ho production styles. Which they to me as long as I’ve been listening to both of them their style is just timing...really . Dilla did a lot of stuff on that MPC 3000 and for donuts the sp 303 ...

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
Beats are crazy. I’m indifferent to Gibbs. Pusha T sucks. Paak sounds fantastic.

I kinda hope Madlib does one more Quasimoto album with all the wild beat shifts and changes and bugged interludes and wild vocals where Quas & Madlib talk with each other.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Too early to say if this is better than Pinata. That album stands out from a lot of other albums in the sense that we waited FOREVER for it, and it delivered completely. Something that rarely fukking happens in rap, or music in general.

With that out the way I'm at a point where I'm asking the question: is this the most complete Gibbs project? I think it is brehs. And here's what I mean. I feel like this album is a perfect marriage of Gibbs' two best styles: the melodic, wavy shyt (ex: MCH from Baby Faced Killa, Careless from Shadow Of A Doubt, etc) and the acrobatic rappity rap shyt that perfectly meshes with dynamic, pocket heavy beats (ex: Pinata, tracks with Alchemist, etc). Freddie can do both of those things on trap beats...but I feel like it works best on melodic soulful shyt like Madlib's beats.
:ehh:

Mr Clean

Superstar
Daps
The beat switch on Half Manne is some of the most disgusting shyt I ever heard :scust:

On first listen this more my wave than Pinata and the caliber of features is better and less frequent. Man, Situations gotta be the ultimate Gibbs track. Not saying best even though that shyt is wavier than than a mug :wow: but like all his styles represented on one track. Madlib laced this shyt crazy man. This is some dream team shyt shouldn't be happening type of shyt. I don't even know how this got out. And they talking about a part 3 and other collabos :mindblown:

WATTBA :wow:

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
On first listen I just appreciate the effort. In an era where the top rapper like Drake puts zero effort in crafting quality albums and focus on streams, it’s nice to hear effort and time put in creating art. Imagine if Kanye spent a year with Nas crafting Nasir.

I hope y’all going to support this...