Freddie Gibbs & Madlib - Bandana (Discussion Thread)

classicmaterial

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
It was on the "Shame" EP they dropped back in 2012.

Just like "Deep" was on the "Thuggin'" EP.

The only downside to "Bandana" coming out so soon is they didn't drop EPs with extra songs like they did with "Pinata".

Fred.

There's two instrumental tracks on the Flat Tummy Tea EP plus Bandana is longer than the "official" single version that's on all the streaming sites

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
There's two instrumental tracks on the Flat Tummy Tea EP plus Bandana is longer than the "official" single version that's on all the streaming sites

I know but we got a whole other EP with that much material before "Pinata". That's obviously not happening this time, the album drops in 5 days.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So based on this Mos Def will rap too not just some singing on a hook?

You just fukked up my breakfast because now I'm reminded that Killer Mike only did the hook on "Palmolive".
wLWcfm2.png

Fred.

Screwtape

All Star
Daps
You just fukked up my breakfast because now I'm reminded that Killer Mike only did the hook on "Palmolive".
wLWcfm2.png

Fred.

:Hellnat: fukks sake i thought he had a verse, ive managed to stay away from most tracks other than bandana and crime pays

No matter though, this is gonna be fire i know it:smugdraper:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:Hellnat: fukks sake i thought he had a verse, ive managed to stay away from most tracks other than bandana and crime pays

No matter though, this is gonna be fire i know it:smugdraper:

Oh my bad fam, didn't mean to "spoil" that for you.
erFKFzg.png

The song is amazing though. Gibbs and Pusha T both kill it. The hook is great, too.
lq2GkhC.png

Ironically "Bandana" ain't even on the album. So you haven't heard "Flat Tummy Tea" or "Giannis"?
q3rB2c3.png

Fred.

Screwtape

All Star
Daps
erFKFzg.png

The song is amazing though. Gibbs and Pusha T both kill it. The hook is great, too.
lq2GkhC.png

Ironically "Bandana" ain't even on the album. So you haven't heard "Flat Tummy Tea" or "Giannis"?
q3rB2c3.png

Fred.
erFKFzg.png

lq2GkhC.png

q3rB2c3.png

Fred.

Nah breh i wanted to hear it all at once, saw part of the crime pays video and caved on that one, but have held off everything else. Cant wait for this album. Everything youve all said has sounded more than positive, but i expect nothing less from these two. Roll on end of the month