Freddie Gibbs & Madlib - Bandana (Discussion Thread)

wenis

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Bad album cover. Just give me the one with Bernie Grundmans writing all over it on a plain paper sleeve. That shyt looks dope at least.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Bad album cover. Just give me the one with Bernie Grundmans writing all over it on a plain paper sleeve. That shyt looks dope at least.
This one? If so I do like it better but I don't dislike the new cover either.
f7ba24d86389c7923ef3aba5d27fc72a.1000x1000x1.png

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I've always been with my dude @hex in terms of not understanding why people thought this would take as long as Pinata to come out, or even treating it like a Detox/Act II type album. Gibbs follows through on what he says he's going to drop, and I seem to remember a lot of fukkery and outside circumstances that made Pinata such a long wait.

Like hex said, the only project of Gibbs' that he's talked about that hasn't dropped is the Devil's Palace Alchemist album. And that was way back in 2010 or 2011. Most of the sources I trust told me it was a couple of finished songs, tops, and a few verses laid down, but the project never got got much farther. I think Scottie Pippen was meant for it but it ended up on Covert Coup... :jbhmm::ohhh: actually that makes sense because Gibbs says at the beginning "reporting live from the devil's palace." I never even put that together. :snoop: I think Tesla was also maybe meant for it.