Freddie Gibbs & Madlib - Bandana (Discussion Thread)

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Nah breh cataracts should’ve never had a beat switch they should’ve let that beat ride out and I’ll give piñata a slight edge over this but both albums are classics

I mean, I can understand if you wanted the 1st part of Cataracts to be a lil longer than a couple mins cuz I would appreciate that fa sho, but I don’t see how you can say that 2nd beat ain’t hard as hell.

And Piñata has way too many trash ass features. And both Madlib and Freddie just seem on a whole nother level on Bandana which shouldn’t even be possible.

2ATMsYouSteppinOrWhat

No Round 2’s :camumad:
Daps
All of the beat switches were flames.

It's better than Piñata.

Sorry, not sorry, b.

i agree... Piñata :blessed: status but those sorry ass features (‘cept for Face & Chef) bring the album down something major...

Bandana legit has no flaws... everything about this album is good/great... the feature are on point, the production is insane... and Gibbs’ lyrics are more personal/introspective...
9/9.5 easy

classicmaterial

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
I mean, I can understand if you wanted the 1st part of Cataracts to be a lil longer than a couple mins cuz I would appreciate that fa sho, but I don’t see how you can say that 2nd beat ain’t hard as hell.

And Piñata has way too many trash ass features. And both Madlib and Freddie just seem on a whole nother level on Bandana which shouldn’t even be possible.

Cataracts is by far my favorite beat on the album but I 100% agree with this.

Also agreed with the too many trash features on Cocaine Piñata cause I've chopped off at least 3 verses from that album

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps

tenor.gif

:banderas:

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Cataracts is by far my favorite beat on the album but I 100% agree with this.

Also agreed with the too many trash features on Cocaine Piñata cause I've chopped off at least 3 verses from that album

Oh, so you got a Freddie Only version floating around?

giphy.gif

I mean, of course with Face & the Chef still on there.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I liked that the production and samples was more varied on Pinata, whereas Bandana is heavy with the soul samples. That's not a criticism, Madlib soul loops are godly. But Pinata def had more surprises to me.

Dunno which album I'd say is better. I will say that Bandana doesn't have any weak guest spots, whereas Pinata does.