France’s biggest and most popular far-right party makes massive and historic gains in European Union elections

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
Are you a French citizen? What’s the situation/vibes over there?
Yes. Same as usual from my limited perspective. I believe that there is indeed a xenophobic/islamophobic/racist backlash at play in the far-right's W.

But that there are also economic grievances that people attribute partly to the EU, like what happened with the Brexit. Inflation doesn't help.

Imo, Macron and his camp bear responsibility for the role of both factors since they never stopped trying to appeal to the far-right on cultural issues and their brand of neoliberalism is fueling the suffering of the masses. It's reaping what you sow.

Biden is seemingly following a similar playbook with his handling of the border situation. What they don't seem to understand is that they're only giving legitimacy to the right wing and hurting theirs.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
These Europeans from France, Germany, UK, Italy, etc have some nerve. They instituted the great scramble and Colonization to exploit the Global south now they are mad at the effects of it.

These Europeans refuse to apologize, acknowledge or even provide sustainable reparations for colonization and have the audacity to be mad that the Global south are seeking humanity from their chaos. fukk these people man.

It’s the same shyt with Global south countries in South America and The Caribbeans in regard to the United States.

Soldier

not redeemed with gold but with His Blood
Daps
Yes. Same as usual from my limited perspective. I believe that there is indeed a xenophobic/islamophobic/racist backlash at play in the far-right's W.

But that there are also economic grievances that people attribute partly to the EU, like what happened with the Brexit. Inflation doesn't help.

Imo, Macron and his camp bear responsibility for the role of both factors since they never stopped trying to appeal to the far-right on cultural issues and their brand of neoliberalism is fueling the suffering of the masses. It's reaping what you sow.

Biden is seemingly following a similar playbook with his handling of the border situation. What they don't seem to understand is that they're only giving legitimacy to the right wing and hurting theirs.

This. They let the situation deteriorate with uncontrolled and illegal immigration, weaker purchasing power, rising cost of life, expensive housing prices, inflation, unemployment, heartless neoliberalism…etc, and they wonder why the far right gains in popularity.

They are playing into their hands and making it easy for them.

But no way the far right would be this popular without pro-right wing/far right media sources . What the French equivalent of Fox News/right wing/far right media in France?

I also feel like the two biggest far right political parties in France, the « rassemblement national, the RN» and « reconquête » parties are controlled opposition. I just learned that Éric Zemmour, the leader of reconquête is actually pure Jewish Algerian by blood and culture . And Jordan Bardella, the main figure of the rassemblement national with Marine Le Pen, has mostly Italian and Algerian ancestry and very little actual French ancestry. I mean actual ethnic nationalist/racist parties would never allow ethnically mixed people and foreigners to lead them.

Last edited:

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
Actually, cacs are tired of all of those fukin immigrants flooding the country.
The same country that has pillaged multiple African countries from the North right down to central and West Africa?

Meddle in their affairs and take their resources and insist they use the Franc to enrich France?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I think Islam is a big reason for this.

This time they blame Islam, a different country will blame Africans, in the 1990s they were blaming Indians, before they were blaming the Jews, in America they blame the Mexicans, but before the Mexicans they blamed the Blacks, before that it was the Chinese, go back far enough and you'll see it used to be the Irish and Italians and the Catholics and the Germans.

There is ALWAYS some minority scapegoat to blame. These idiotic far-right groups have stupid policies that never work, but they see a working-class population who isn't going where they want to in life and it's easy as hell to redirect them to whatever the most prominent minority is instead.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Africans increased presence in white countries is the reason.
Actually, cacs are tired of all of those fukin immigrants flooding the country.

So the nations that raped and pillaged Black countries, stealing resources from them for 200 years, are now butthurt that people from the nations they stole from are following their resources. :mjlol:

All those European countries have a birthrate of like 1, they would have negative population growth and be completely screwed for labor force and social programs right now if immigrants weren't coming in. :dead: