Fragrances for seasons

Lithe

All Star
Daps
Do y'all switch up your perfumes (if you wear them) according to season? This can go for body mists, and lotions too! I tend to do warmer scents in fall/winter. A lot of amber and vanilla notes, while I love citrus and florals (some, not white florals) in spring and summer. For some reason, my skin carries citrus notes well, and if a perfume has a top note of apple, I love it. I read Fragrantica forums and type in a perfume for its notes/reviews any time I am looking up information about perfume.

I always switch my fragrance as the weather changes. I don't exactly have a "staple" because it seems like every time I try something new, someone in my circle goes to buy it and I don't want my signature scent being someone else's scent.

My cousin is also a fragrance lover and she put me on some niche brands... I'll have to do some investigating first though because dropping $120+ on 3.4 oz isn't exactly what I want to do. We'll see, though! I like the idea of having my own scent.

Just did a blind buy (no sample or tester--never smelled this before) on this yesterday, and I like it. I've liked other Camuto fragrances too though.
image_zpsibvja6f2.jpeg

Paradise

Too tired to think of something witty to say...
Daps
I have several go to fragrances that I love and I do switch up according to seasons.

I wear the more vanilla or heavy scent perfumes in the fall/winter. It's something about the cool air that makes them smell so much better.

Some of my fall/winter favorites:

PIKTS1.jpg

midnight-romance-ralph-lauren-perfume.jpg

2011-Fall-and-2012-Winter-Perfume-and-Fragrances-For-Women-and-Men-3.jpg

Some of my spring/summer go tos :

41RW3%2B6yIIL._SY355_.jpg

72920-_3.jpg

and my all year around go tos:

61076W.jpg

_mg_8422_500x500.jpg

Lithe

All Star
Daps
I have several go to fragrances that I love and I do switch up according to seasons.

I wear the more vanilla or heavy scent perfumes in the fall/winter. It's something about the cool air that makes them smell so much better.

Some of my fall/winter favorites:

PIKTS1.jpg

midnight-romance-ralph-lauren-perfume.jpg

2011-Fall-and-2012-Winter-Perfume-and-Fragrances-For-Women-and-Men-3.jpg

Some of my spring/summer go tos :

41RW3%2B6yIIL._SY355_.jpg

72920-_3.jpg

and my all year around go tos:

61076W.jpg

_mg_8422_500x500.jpg
J'adore reminds me of my sister! I have this quirk about finding knock off scents... There's a really good one of J'adore at CVS!

I don't love sweet scents on myself, but I like them on others. Pink Sugar is a classic. I remember selling many bottles of it when I worked in beauty!

gogogubari

Mjpls I'm already black
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
YERDMEH
J'adore reminds me of my sister! I have this quirk about finding knock off scents... There's a really good one of J'adore at CVS!

I don't love sweet scents on myself, but I like them on others. Pink Sugar is a classic. I remember selling many bottles of it when I worked in beauty!
J'Adore was my favorite for THEE longest; I like Prada Candy, also. Very strong and sweet. What was very shocking was this Jessica Simpson in a white bottle (can't think of the name) was given to me for Christmas. I gave it to my daughter, and she sprayed some one day. I had to take it back from her, bc I fell in love with it.

Paradise

Too tired to think of something witty to say...
Daps

I have a really good knock off Coco by Coco Chanel and Angel by Thierry Mugler . Smells like the real thing! I need to go check out the knock off J'adore.

gogogubari

Mjpls I'm already black
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
YERDMEH
I have a bottle of Dolce, but I think I may have sprayed it once or twice. Chanel Chance (green or pink) is another fav of mine. I'm into perfume more than makeup, and I love my makeup. I like all kind. Paris Hilton was a staple for everyday, trying to cover up the ganja smell, perfume. Bath and Body Works Jasmine Vanilla (Sensual?) is another one that I use to spray just because.

Lithe

All Star
Daps
J'Adore was my favorite for THEE longest; I like Prada Candy, also. Very strong and sweet. What was very shocking was this Jessica Simpson in a white bottle (can't think of the name) was given to me for Christmas. I gave it to my daughter, and she sprayed some one day. I had to take it back from her, bc I fell in love with it.
I bet the Jessica Simpson fragrance you're talking about is Fancy Love!! That's what I wore last spring. Bought it on a blind buy and my manicurist and two other women stopped me that same afternoon to find out what I was wearing! I love that perfume.

Is this it?
image_zpsuftblxyg.jpeg

Fancy love is similar to Burberry for women. I like it because it has a brighter smell whereas Burberry (while beautiful, comforting and warm) is more serious. I wear Burberry for women in late fall/winter sometimes, too!

Last edited:

Lithe

All Star
Daps
Jo Malone: Nectarine Blossom for Summer, English Pear for Spring, Wood Sage for Autumn, Vanilla and Anise for Winter.
My cousin gave me a sample of Jo Malone vanilla and anise when I was visiting family in DMV, and ohhh my goodness, it was beautiful! She ended up buying wood sage and sea salt to replace it. I wanted to climb in the bottle! Hahah :smile: Gorgeous fragrances by Jo Malone! I like that you can layer to create new scents too.

I have a really good knock off Coco by Coco Chanel and Angel by Thierry Mugler . Smells like the real thing! I need to go check out the knock off J'adore.
I like them too! Don't be too quick to write off knock offs and apparel store scents. One of my fall scents last year was a gourmand (Oud Sahara) from Urban Outfitters and that little bottle packed a powerful scent. It was sexy, warm, mysterious and cozy. Of course it's discontinued now... I should've listened to my inner voice telling me to buy two when I was in Georgetown.

I have a bottle of Dolce, but I think I may have sprayed it once or twice. Chanel Chance (green or pink) is another fav of mine. I'm into perfume more than makeup, and I love my makeup. I like all kind. Paris Hilton was a staple for everyday, trying to cover up the ganja smell, perfume. Bath and Body Works Jasmine Vanilla (Sensual?) is another one that I use to spray just because.
I'm a perfume woman, hands down. Don't care much for jewelry, but I love love love fragrance. Perfume, body mist, body oil, lotion... I love it! I was just telling @Paradise Road last night that I buy makeup but I don't wear it enough! Haha. I love nail polish too!

gogogubari

Mjpls I'm already black
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
YERDMEH
I bet the Jessica Simpson fragrance you're talking about is Fancy Love!! That's what I wore last spring. Bought it on a blind buy and my manicurist and two other women stopped me that same afternoon to find out what I was wearing! I love that perfume.

Is this it?
image_zpsuftblxyg.jpeg

Fancy love is similar to Burberry for women. I like it because it has a brighter smell whereas Burberry (while beautiful, comforting and warm) is more serious. I wear Burberry for women in late fall/winter sometimes, too!

That's it!!!!! I love that smell!!!

gogogubari

Mjpls I'm already black
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
YERDMEH

Princess Coco

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I want to start wearing perfumes more if only it weren't for my allergies.I like sweet cotton candy type scents all year round though

MoonGoddess

Packing All The Flavour You Need
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fantasy.
Can't wear none of that do to allergies, even tried buying organic perfumes and either i break out or my nose runs and my throat clogs up all day until i get it off. I literally have to speedwalk past the perfume sections in store.
I make my own sents with essential oils. I prefer light fruity scents so i usually use grapefruit or orange essential oils. I have so many different kinds, i use cinnamon to make a spicey sensual type of smell and that will last on ur skin on all day. Gotta be careful tho, to much can also mess you up.