Forza Horizon 5 has reached 34 million players

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Don’t get me wrong I’ve played forza horizon and enjoyed the hell out of it.

But to say there are (as an example) 15 million of those players currently engaged with playing Forza that’s going to put it in Fortnite territory which I don’t believe is the case

:manny:
Fortnite at over 400 million players

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Fortnite at over 400 million players
400 million players reached.

That’s the point, 34 million players reached. How many of those people made it past 1 or 2 races?

How many of those people are still playing?

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
Don’t get me wrong I’ve played forza horizon and enjoyed the hell out of it.

But to say there are (as an example) 15 million of those players currently engaged with playing Forza that’s going to put it in Fortnite territory which I don’t believe is the case

:manny:

I think me and you are debating two different things

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
400 million players reached.

That’s the point, 34 million players reached. How many of those people made it past 1 or 2 races?

How many of those people are still playing?
that stat doesn't insinuate anything beyond that many people played the game

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I think me and you are debating two different things
Possibly, I’m debating the “reached” metric. If 34 mill downloaded the game, but only 1/4 played more than 2 hrs.

That’s a random example, but that’s what we see when we get streaming info from other services outside of gamepass.

The question should be yea 40 mill tried the game, but 90% didn’t get to the halfway point in the game. The question should be what caused them to quit.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
the number is the number of people on the leaderboard, for, I'm assuming, the first race

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
Possibly, I’m debating the “reached” metric. If 34 mill downloaded the game, but only 1/4 played more than 2 hrs.

That’s a random example, but that’s what we see when we get streaming info from other services outside of gamepass.

The question should be yea 40 mill tried the game, but 90% didn’t get to the halfway point in the game. The question should be what caused them to quit.

Yea with all due respect I don't care about any of this lol. I was referring to whether it was believable that many ppl played FH5 at some point.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Yea with all due respect I don't care about any of this lol. I was referring to whether it was believable that many ppl played FH5 at some point.
nah, you’re good, I see where you are coming from.

I just bring this up because when the metric is “how many times x game was played” on a sub service instead of how many people completed/played the game and would recommend, the quality of the product suffers. We’ve seen it in the movie and music industry, and gaming might take the same route.

I’m not trashing FH, it’s a great series and I hope it continues

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Sales don’t matter cause there’s no telling who bought the game and only played it once :stopitslime:

A sale is a sale, if you’re measuring your metrics for success based on player engagement you have to consider how long people are locked into your games and what additional spending they’re doing

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I’m not doubting the game is played by quite a few folks, but what’s the qualification for “played”?

Simply getting to the start up screen, playing for x amount of hrs?

It’s going to get to a point where it’ll be scrutinized like any other streaming metrics.

No one needs to get that deep in the weed

All Coli needs to do is just say “Good Job Microsoft” and “Congrats”

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
A sale is a sale, if you’re measuring your metrics for success based on player engagement you have to consider how long people are locked into your games and what additional spending they’re doing

Just say “this is good itish, great Job Xbox”

Leave it at that :russ:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
A sale is a sale,
Not really, some “sales” are given away games, some “sales” are heavily discounted. Some “sales” get shipped to stores and never purchased.

Again, the only reason you guys are in here splitting hairs is cause successful xbox things makes your feelings hurt.

Y’all really need to get it together :smh: