Fortnite (Mac, Windows, Xbox One, PS4)

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Its addictive as fukk :francis:

I'll start with the bad. The UI is overfilled constantly. When you're not in the actual gameplay, there's menus in menus on menus for menus. Its not counter-intuitive or anything its just.... you'd like to think that someone wanted to make this shyt easier to navigate and more user friendly.

The tutorial is long. Then you realize the 'intro' is actually much longer. You'll go on a bunch of missions that you think are the actual game, but its really just handholding. Not bad, but its gonna throw you off.

Then there's the little stuff. Party options, some finer resource management ques, map stuff, ability/damage details... it needs one last obvious touch of polish.

The gameplay is dope :damn: I wasn't expecting weapon diversity in this at all. I really thought it was gonna be like LFD or something, then I'm seeing people with laser rifles and grenade launchers. Got my own LMG after a while and its so obvious how all the weapons got their own identity. Great stuff there. Gunplay in general handles great. I was SHOCKED at how good, smooth, and quick the building is. I can slap together 4 walls, a ceiling, and floor with traps on all three levels in under 6 seconds. And its not just on your objective point either.

I was about to get mad when I jumped into this basement looking for a chest and quickly realized I was stuck. I just figured I'd let the clock play out and meet the rest of my party in the mission complete screen. This guy in my group comes up to me with the :dahell: like I'm stupid or something. Then he builds me a staircase. Then I walk out embarrassed and ashamed. He continues to build up this abandoned house into a 5 floor sniper perch with full overwatch on the whole map :damn:

Looks damned good. Didn't think it would run this well. Like.... I was expecting some jank bullshyt tbh but its legit.

Progression is long as fukk. Like.... goddamn. There's no end in sight. But its cool because its nothing inherently limiting, all the stuff just adds to the game.

Anyways. Its not perfect, far from it. But from a new IP with a long life ahead of it, its worth the investment imo

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
Its addictive as fukk :francis:

I'll start with the bad. The UI is overfilled constantly. When you're not in the actual gameplay, there's menus in menus on menus for menus. Its not counter-intuitive or anything its just.... you'd like to think that someone wanted to make this shyt easier to navigate and more user friendly.

The tutorial is long. Then you realize the 'intro' is actually much longer. You'll go on a bunch of missions that you think are the actual game, but its really just handholding. Not bad, but its gonna throw you off.

Then there's the little stuff. Party options, some finer resource management ques, map stuff, ability/damage details... it needs one last obvious touch of polish.

The gameplay is dope :damn: I wasn't expecting weapon diversity in this at all. I really thought it was gonna be like LFD or something, then I'm seeing people with laser rifles and grenade launchers. Got my own LMG after a while and its so obvious how all the weapons got their own identity. Great stuff there. Gunplay in general handles great. I was SHOCKED at how good, smooth, and quick the building is. I can slap together 4 walls, a ceiling, and floor with traps on all three levels in under 6 seconds. And its not just on your objective point either.

I was about to get mad when I jumped into this basement looking for a chest and quickly realized I was stuck. I just figured I'd let the clock play out and meet the rest of my party in the mission complete screen. This guy in my group comes up to me with the :dahell: like I'm stupid or something. Then he builds me a staircase. Then I walk out embarrassed and ashamed. He continues to build up this abandoned house into a 5 floor sniper perch with full overwatch on the whole map :damn:

Looks damned good. Didn't think it would run this well. Like.... I was expecting some jank bullshyt tbh but its legit.

Progression is long as fukk. Like.... goddamn. There's no end in sight. But its cool because its nothing inherently limiting, all the stuff just adds to the game.

Anyways. Its not perfect, far from it. But from a new IP with a long life ahead of it, its worth the investment imo

I didn't play the tutorial, my kid did and seems to be no way to do it again...

How do you edit the walls, build doors, etc?

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I didn't play the tutorial, my kid did and seems to be no way to do it again...

How do you edit the walls, build doors, etc?
Hold the build button. It feels a little weird at first because no game does it the way this one does, but it feels second nature after a while.

Once you're in edit mode, you can select the tiles you want removed (door, window, rail, etc).