Fornite is gonna go down as one of the greatest games ever

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
I think the genre has legs it's just gonna be up to another company to stretch those legs. FN laid the blueprint, someone else will have to finish the building. By that time the hype will level and BR games will be just another game until something new replaces it.

Low skill barrier and only one map means Fortnite is always going to be more limited than what the competition can put out, it'll still have appeal though being free. It's just benefitting heavily rn from being the only game on the market that doesn't run like shyt (looking at PUBG).

Eh, Fortnite having one map that is constantly getting smaller changes on a week to week basis is working. Introducing multiple maps could cut into queues, and the fast paced nature of Fortnite is only enhanced by the quick queue times. The game is pushing 1 year and it's still going very strong, and I don't think introducing more maps is what Epic should focus on. I don't know if more maps is how a game beats out Fortnite, especially when the game mechanics is what makes it dynamic more than anything else.

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Eh, Fortnite having one map that is constantly getting smaller changes on a week to week basis is working. Introducing multiple maps could cut into queues, and the fast paced nature of Fortnite is only enhanced by the quick queue times. The game is pushing 1 year and it's still going very strong, and I don't think introducing more maps is what Epic should focus on. I don't know if more maps is how a game beats out Fortnite, especially when the game mechanics is what makes it dynamic more than anything else.

There's going to come a point where the BR genre takes shape with the AAA multiplats out and we're going to compare all of them, unless there's some big changes Fortnite is going to come up short. And it's going to be bc the other game offers variety along with good gameplay. You're in a box when the biggest change in your game are skins, it just happens to be a successful box because the genre isn't refined. Are you fine making money off cosmetics or are you trying to make the best game possible, they can do more and I think they will. They should.

July 24th will make 1 year since release yet most of these Fortnite twitch/youtube people didn't have channels until 5-6 months ago when hype took off and people cared, so it still has an aura. What's the buzz going to look like July 20, 2019.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
There's going to come a point where the BR genre takes shape with the AAA multiplats out and we're going to compare all of them, unless there's some big changes Fortnite is going to come up short. And it's going to be bc the other game offers variety along with good gameplay. You're in a box when the biggest change in your game are skins, it just happens to be a successful box because the genre isn't refined. Are you fine making money off cosmetics or are you trying to make the best game possible, they can do more and I think they will. They should.

July 24th will make 1 year since release yet most of these Fortnite twitch/youtube people didn't have channels until 5-6 months ago when hype took off and people cared, so it still has an aura. What's the buzz going to look like July 20, 2019.
You're wrong. Building keeps Fortnite unique from the rest of them. They'll have the BR genre in a stranglehold for a long time.

Nasty_C

Pro
Daps
I feel like Fortnite is way too repetitive.

I might start playing games like Rainbow Six Siege.

I also feel like they update this game too much. I dont like how when you mark something on the map, that it shows exactly where it is on the actual world. The game is becoming too casual. I feel like there needs to be a fine balance between casual and hardcore.

drifter

Superstar
Daps
You're wrong. Building keeps Fortnite unique from the rest of them. They'll have the BR genre in a stranglehold for a long time.

Just my opinion. I've seen phenomenons with PUBG before it, H1Z1 before that, Day Z, etc.

I don't have a problem with the game, I just don't agree with "a long time" and keeping things the same. You should want them pushing the envelope if you like the game.

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps

The game being free and having the best working mechanics is what's keeping this game around and will continue to. The biggest change in the game isn't skins. :what:They're constantly introducing new weapons and new methods of mobility. They're constantly tinkering with the game settings to create a more balanced meta. The map goes through changes weekly. Everything they are doing is working, so why wouldn't it have the luxury of lasting? We're already seeing other BR games come after Fortnite and Fortnite still reigns supreme.

drifter

Superstar
Daps
The game being free and having the best working mechanics is what's keeping this game around and will continue to. The biggest change in the game isn't skins. :what:They're constantly introducing new weapons and new methods of mobility. They're constantly tinkering with the game settings to create a more balanced meta. The map goes through changes weekly. Everything they are doing is working, so why wouldn't it have the luxury of lasting? We're already seeing other BR games come after Fortnite and Fortnite still reigns supreme.

Who are these games made by, any AAA multis? Because that's what I'm talking about, companies that have resources like Epic to support a game. No one knows who made Realm Royale without Google, they don't have the tools and it shows. Same story with that other game Islands of Nyne.

I've said how I feel about it in other threads as well as this one, we'll agree to disagree I guess. I want to see how far the shyt can go though so hopefully Epic doesn't rest on laurels.

4-Rin

Superstar
Daps
I tried to get into it but couldn't.

Did anyone that likes Fortnite ever play Starhawk on the PS3? It looks like they took the building idea from Starhawk and made a game around it.

Chill

carti stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Junipero
The game being free and having the best working mechanics is what's keeping this game around and will continue to. The biggest change in the game isn't skins. :what:They're constantly introducing new weapons and new methods of mobility. They're constantly tinkering with the game settings to create a more balanced meta. The map goes through changes weekly.
Everything they are doing is working, so why wouldn't it have the luxury of lasting? We're already seeing other BR games come after Fortnite and Fortnite still reigns supreme.

People are getting bored still

Winning is boring

The map is boring

The new ways to play aren’t necessarily anything huge if you aren’t receiving something for the wins and the challenges for the battle pass are uninspired and the same thing randomized every single week

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Epic is actually fostering the success of this game.

It literally has all the addictive factors of a mobile game but on console.

Not only that it’s ALWAYS someone to play and it’s fast pace.

It’s a Grindy game, it is on top of pop and urban culture with the dances, it makes you feel good for getting anything under 50th place.

And it’s on everything that can play games. They add and take away modes and features weapons and change up the map with events so they really don’t ever have to add a new map.

Part of the charm is that it’s always the same map

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Also a Triple A BR game probably wouldn’t stick. It would essentially just be a serious or pretty version of fornite.

Honestly the closest IP I could see making it work is halo and that’s because all the Spartans are already pretty generic and previous halo games kind of lend itself to a battle royal mode with some of those huge slayer map back in the halo 1 and 2 days.

Digital Dre

All Star
Daps
Reppin
STL
Your not playing it right, all the best players land on tilted towers and it’s loaded with players, if you’re about rushing people and getting kills your a good player.

Daequan is a beast and funny as hell my favorite fortnite streamer