Former SA President Thabo Mbeki reflects on Somali support for the ANC

SonnyEMC

Pro
Daps
Never heard this before. Seems to be directed against Rhodesia and South African regimes as well as Portuguese colonialism in Mozambique and Angola

@SonnyEMC you heard this?

Nah its dope though. I'm actually Nigerian, me and my friend (Somali-Yemeni) were discussing Pan-Africanism and he was saying that under Siad Barre that it was heavily promoted and showed me that song.

Generally, the whole liberation wars in Southern Africa should be it's own area of study, it's amazing how nearly every country in Africa all contributed in some way (think Ivory Coast actually had decent relations with the white governments :snoop:).

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me
Nah its dope though. I'm actually Nigerian, me and my friend (Somali-Yemeni) were discussing Pan-Africanism and he was saying that under Siad Barre that it was heavily promoted and showed me that song.

Generally, the whole liberation wars in Southern Africa should be it's own area of study, it's amazing how nearly every country in Africa all contributed in some way (think Ivory Coast actually had decent relations with the white governments :snoop:).

:patrice:

:jbhmm:

:yeshrug::ehh:
I'll bite​

SonnyEMC

Pro
Daps
:patrice:

:jbhmm:

:yeshrug::ehh:
I'll bite​

I was thinking out loud I suppose but the independence wars in Namibia, Mozambique, Angola, Zim and SA were all very linked up, I've read quite a lot on the subject and have known people that fought in a lot of the wars but I have always found most people don't know much about it and how they all linked up and got support from the rest of the continent as well :yeshrug:

Karb

Veteran
Daps
:hubie:

We shouldn't be judged by our trolls :ufdup:

They're very loud tho :picard:

Those fukkers will start insulting random Africans for no reason breh, it's crazy.

Most Africans weren't even aware of the xenophobia within our community until those fukkers began to troll black forums for no reason.

Karb

Veteran
Daps
Somalia, when it was a functioning state, was very pan-Africanist and supported various liberation struggles around Africa. Only exception is probably our relationship with Ethiopia and Kenya and those disagreements are mainly rooted in the fact that Cacs signed over indigenous somali lands to those two countries.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Somalia, when it was a functioning state, was very pan-Africanist and supported various liberation struggles around Africa. Only exception is probably our relationship with Ethiopia and Kenya and those disagreements are mainly rooted in the fact that Cacs signed over indigenous somali lands to those two countries.
What happen over the years to change that

I go through comment on YT watching Somalia youtubers .....alot comments be on some other stuff

Karb

Veteran
Daps
What happen over the years to change that

I go through comment on YT watching Somalia youtubers .....alot comments be on some other stuff

Yeah, we have a disproportionately large amount of trolls relative to our population size for some reason.

EthioLady

Rookie
Daps
Somalis are not anti African..

those Somali men who are the loudest internet trolls are usually the ones that are obsessed with the term Cushytic, they are mentally unstable and are not representative of the entire Somali population.