Forest Whitaker Is Producing A Scripted Drama On HBCU Hazing

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
So we're not in support of a movie by a Black director with mostly Black actors because it doesn't paint SOME of the characters in the most positive light. It is what it and movies like this are also important because it deals with us in a full spectrum, and Forrest is a good director and will probably make this more nuanced than people make it out to be.

Daps
Did you even read the complaints here? It's not about white people. It's about dwindling HBCU support. There are HBCUs who will actually be closing this year and next from lack of enrollment and funding. Most Black Greeks pledge as alumni or at white schools, so it doesn't make sense to make this about HBCUs anyway

This movie ain't gonna hurt HBCU funding. I don't know why people are acting like it's gonna have some significant effect there.

I like the idea of setting it at an HBCU.... No CaCs need be involved:ahh:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There's nothing wrong with this. There is something wrong with hazing and schools should have a zero tolerance policy for it. Dudes who pledge and go through that are idiots. There's no way physical abuse is worth whatever status and p*ssy you'll get for being frat.

I'd prefer a documentary.