For Those That Think The Rock Cannot Act

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Its not that the Rock "cant" act, its that the roles he chooses doesn't really showcase his acting abilities like a Denzel, DDL, or Leo, etc

Theres nothing wrong w/ sticking w/ what you know.

Being in bad movies doesn't mean you can't act. Just like being in great movies doesn't necessarily make you a great actor.

It's been 15+ years and he aint got shyt to show for it.

Money? nikka been rich.

The plea coppage stops now.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
It's been 15+ years and he aint got shyt to show for it.

Money? nikka been rich.

The plea coppage stops now.
Plea coppage?:mjlol:
The nikka has been in more successful films than the vast majority of actors in Hollywood. He's the only wrestler and one of a small handful of athletes that has made the genuine transition from sports to being a movie/TV star. He joined an already successful franchise and was such a big part of making it bigger than it already was that his character is getting it's own spinoff. But I'm suppose to think dude's acting career is a failure because a couple coli nikkas preferred Dave Bautista's five minutes in the Blade Runner sequel or because those same nikkas expect the Rock to be an action star in an era where there isn't anyone creating new blockbuster action franchises nor any one name being enough to sell a movie? You got it boss:mjlol:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
But I'm suppose to think dude's acting career is a failure because a couple coli nikkas preferred Dave Bautista's five minutes in the Blade Runner sequel or because those same nikkas expect the Rock to be an action star in an era where there isn't anyone creating new blockbuster action franchises nor any one name being enough to sell a movie? You got it boss:mjlol:
Was this supposed to help him or something? Making mediocre films in a trash era is enough? :loldenzel2:

Your man is wack. Plain and simple. I'm not even sure why you brought up Batista because he's even worse.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Was this supposed to help him or something? Making mediocre films in a trash era is enough? :loldenzel2:

Your man is wack. Plain and simple. I'm not even sure why you brought up Batista because he's even worse.
Please name me the nikkas that are creating blockbuster action franchises in this era:jbhmm:I'll make it easier, name me the nikkas you would consider to be more successful actors currently who can carry a movie by themselves:jbhmm:
I personally could care less about the Rock. I stopped watching Ballers a while ago and I haven't spent a dime on any of his movies. But I'd really like to know who coli nikkas think is winning out here if the Rock is apparently wack at this whole acting thing:gucci:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Please name me the nikkas that are creating blockbuster action franchises in this era:jbhmm:I'll make it easier, name me the nikkas you would consider to be more successful actors currently who can carry a movie by themselves:jbhmm:
I personally could care less about the Rock. I stopped watching Ballers a while ago and I haven't spent a dime on any of his movies. But I'd really like to know who coli nikkas think is winning out here if the Rock is apparently wack at this whole acting thing:gucci:
I don't have to. This nikka's wack and that's the end of it. You can barely defend him yourself. You could care less but you're making an awful lot of excuses for the man.

It's like when Ethan Hawke went at comic book movies for being largely mediocre despite their success...no one could really argue what he said outside of posting box office numbers and feelings. Rock's in that same boat. For all the success his movies have had, which one would can you honestly say is good or great? I'm not even gonna throw "classic" out there. His best film to me (Gridiron Gang) is slightly above average so I can never understand the lovefest people have for him. I can seperate the actor from the wrestler and dude just can't cut it. It's been over a decade...you can admit dude is ass now.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
I think you meant "I can't", breh. The fact you can't name anyone doing what you apparently expect The Rock to be doing makes my point for me.
There's no point to be made because you're talking about things I don't care about, nor did I bring up. Nobody can be in competition with this nikka and his flicks are still trash. "Who's doing better?" Who gives a fukk? He's wack.

Now do you have anymore lifelines for an actor you don't care about?

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
There's no point to be made because you're talking about things I don't care about, nor did I bring up. Nobody can be in competition with this nikka and his flicks are still trash. "Who's doing better?" Who gives a fukk? He's wack.

He's wack based on what? You clearly care more about dude than I do, since my initial post in this thread was saying I don't know if he's a wack actor based solely on the quality of his movies. Which of his movies was him trying to flex any sort of acting ability? He's been making action movies and comedies since day one. Were you expecting Tooth Fairy to be his magnum opus or some shyt? DOOM was supposed to be him showing off those acting chops, right?:gucci: Steve Carrell was just the goofy, funny dude until he did Foxcatcher and got an Oscar nomination. The Rock has that Kamehameha movie coming which seems like it might be a serious role, I'll judge his acting prowess then. The thread was about whether the dude can act and you got aggie that I said bad movies don't equate to bad acting and vice versa. Feel free to ignore the crux of my argument again, doe:manny:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons

He's wack based on what? You clearly care more about dude than I do, since my initial post in this thread was saying I don't know if he's a wack actor based solely on the quality of his movies. Which of his movies was him trying to flex any sort of acting ability? He's been making action movies and comedies since day one. Were you expecting Tooth Fairy to be his magnum opus or some shyt? DOOM was supposed to be him showing off those acting chops, right?:gucci: Steve Carrell was just the goofy, funny dude until he did Foxcatcher and got an Oscar nomination. The Rock has that Kamehameha movie coming which seems like it might be a serious role, I'll judge his acting prowess then. The thread was about whether the dude can act and you got aggie that I said bad movies don't equate to bad acting and vice versa. Feel free to ignore the crux of my argument again, doe:manny:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
He's wack based on the litany of mediocre to trash movies his put out in his entire career as a full-time actor. You know, the movies you never spent money on for the guy you personally don't care for.

Over a decade of movies and you still can't judge his acting prowess for some reason. You still don't know if he's a wack actor after 10+ years of bullshyt. Well I do, and I'm telling you as much.

And on that note, I'm done. I'm going in circles with you over someone you admittedly don't even care for. With you and the rest of these dudes because take away the numbers and y'all really have nothing left to talk about as far as his acting career.

shyt is a farce.
MLPjDPbp_o.gif