For those that have played RDR2 and Zelda BOTW properly.... Which is better?

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
These games couldn't be more different...I don't see how you could possibly compare the two...

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
BOTW is the better game to me. Its a great game, you are free to do whatever you want, whenever you want. If you want to say fukk it and start the game, then go to the boss, ok. If you give up wanting to get shrines and hearts and shyt and just say fukk it, and want to go ahead, then gon ahead.

RDR2 has those wonky ass controls, you cant do certain missions if youre too hot, or just got in a shootout. The fighting/combat system is garbage. For as big and open as the map is, you can never cross paths with say lamoyne raiders and pinkertons, or lamoyne raiders and skinners, or odriscolls. Its like the game lets the pot boil but doesnt let it boil over. The fact that you cant just go rob banks or blow banks up with dynamite and shyt doesnt make sense. Picking through items one by one in a drawer is stupid. Just take what you can and if you have a full amount of tonic or cocaine gum, just leave it there. You dont need a prompt "You have reached the maximum amount of cocaine gum that one can carry". With BOTW you can start as many NPC missions as you want, and complete them as you go along. Other than races they dont limit the map to where if you walk too far from what they want you to do you have to start over. Also the saving feature/autosave is much better on BOTW, you cant save states i.e jump in the air pause then save, load the save and fall back to the ground, but theres just times during RDR2 you cant manually save. I had to manually save every 5-10 mins as much as possible cause if I wanted to go back to do something or do something different your basically fukked.You getting killed in woods and respawning by a lake dont make no sense. IMO Rockstar fukked this game up. BOTW doesnt have a good stand alone story, its decent but not anything to write home about, but its in like fantasy genre. RDR2 is not a good western story, but westerns are my genre. As a stand alone western, its not good. People new or unfamiliar with the genre seem to like it. The overall game is decent though. Beautiful scenary, the game really looks good. Some of the towns especially Blackwater leave a lot to be desired. As far as sound and ambiance its a miss. BOTW blows it out the water sound wise.

If I never played BOTW and experienced true freedom RDR2 would be flames. Im glad i bought it and played through it but im not going to keep it forever on some personal classic shyt. In 4-5 years cats wont be like "Lemme get out RDR2"...if rockstar milks dlc like they did gta maybe it'll still have some warmth, but other than that its nothing to write home about. Its definitely a 2018 must play. Overall as an imprint to gaming, RDR2 isnt going to do anything, very few people if any are going to have never played a game, then play RDR2 and be like :ohhh:. Many people have and will try zelda and get their feet wet to gaming as a whole. Ive let my lil niece ride the horse and brush/feed the horse in RDR2, jump fences and stuff. She didnt take to it as well as I wouldve like, I hoped maybe the beautful detail and realism would do something for her. She was like "neat". She'll run around on BOTW on her own.

Both good games, but BOTW gets the edge.

Last edited:

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Never played BOTW but RDR2 boring as fukk.

I usually play it right before bed. Works better than NyQuil

Many games considered great this gen were overrated as fukk. This is one of the worst gaming generations in recent memory imo. (very unpopular opinion but whatever)

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
RDR2 is very archaic and formulaic when compared to BOTW.

Both are great and should be played by all gamers though.

BOTW is simply the best game (mechanics, animation, controls) released in the past 5 years.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
BOTW is one of the worst traditional Zelda games if we being honest. Even tho it’s the second or third best overall game in the series