For those that have played RDR2 and Zelda BOTW properly.... Which is better?

Daps
Reppin
Old School Players to New School Fools
I am nearly at chapter 4 on RDR2 and think graphically it's stunning.. and it's definitely as good a gaming experience as you will find ... But the rockstar mission format isn't as engrossing as Nintendo's Zelda formula.

Very very close run - But that true gaming magic it's missing.

What do you think Coli?

Daps
Reppin
Old School Players to New School Fools
:patrice: BOTW actually got me playing games again, but looking back RDR2 was one of THOSE games. My nikka Arthur is top 10.

fukk it :Mjyeehaw:

How many hours did you put into BOTW though?
The bias is so strong everywhere it’s impossible to find a non fanboy opinion.

I own both consoles and actually think the Switch is pretty poor in terms of investment vs the PS4. The PS4 is a beast of a console and beautifully packaged.
With that being said... I put 600 hours into Zelda. It literally keeps you wanting to play. It’s fun & It’s god tier as an escape from reality
RDR2 on the other hand is wow on many levels but the gameplay can really be a chore.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How many hours did you put into BOTW though?
The bias is so strong everywhere it’s impossible to find a non fanboy opinion.

I own both consoles and actually think the Switch is pretty poor in terms of investment vs the PS4. The PS4 is a beast of a console and beautifully packaged.
With that being said... I put 600 hours into Zelda. It literally keeps you wanting to play. It’s fun & It’s god tier as an escape from reality
RDR2 on the other hand is wow on many levels but the gameplay can really be a chore.

My profile says 85 hrs or more. Only game I played as much was Stardew. Easily double how much I played RD2. I was literally burning through the story last wkend so I could get finished before I headed home for the holidays and got spoiled in GOTY podcasts.

Like I said I wasn’t even playing games for a min until BOTW came out and it gave me that childlike feeling playing OoT. But it’s basically up to preference. I loved the shyt outta BOTW but after I beat it, I didn’t have much incentive to go back and keep playing. DLC was ass imo.

I’m looking forward to exploring more RD2 when I get back to the crib after the holidays, even tho it’s gonna be different :wow:.

Red Dead 2 was mostly about the experiences with NPCs, where BOTW was more about exploration in isolation for me.

But the ambient fukkery in Red Dead 2’s world might be unmatched in gaming :mjlol:

Edit: none of this even mentions the story. Even by itself it’s up there, but the implications when you tie it into 1... :banderas::mjcry:

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
Breath of the Wild to me is the better game.

Red Dead Redemption 2 is incredible as well too tho so that speaks to both games greatness.