For those looking for hair growth advice

Fun Sized Psycho

Floating on tooth shaped clouds
Supporter
Daps
This seems more like a {hair growth} challenge, but they're god ideas/suggestions.
1. Scalp massages everyday. We should be moisturizing everyday even with protective styling so take a few minutes to massage your scalp with your fingers!. If you have soreness, avoid that area of your head and/or do it more gentler like a relaxing gentle massage; these few minutes could be your relaxation and reflection time. Feel free to incorporate stimulating/nourishing essential oils to your carrier oil.

2. Protective styles/low manipulation styles at at least 3 to 5 days out of the week.

3. No heat until the end of the challenge. *Exceptions for special occasions; just be sure to maximize your level of heat protection and use minimal handling when and where possible.

4. Mild exercise often, this could be in the form of a brisk walk daily. Alter for your wants and needs.

5. Incorporate either the Green House Effect or baggying method nightly/weekly, (depends on what styles you'll be wearing)

6. Trims only when absolutely necessary; preferably the "search and destroy" method if you can.

7. Moisturize and seal everyday.

8. Whenever you shampoo, co-wash and deep condition, pre-poo if you must (particularly coconut oil to reduce swelling), make sure to detangle (includes finger combing) and divide hair into sections when washing it.

9. In the winter month when wearing hats, wear either a silk bonnet underneath the hat OR have silk lining in the hat to protect hair.

10. Sleep with a silk or satin scarf every night or a silk pillowcase and/or both!

11. Drink lots of water. I can assure you that if it wasn't for water, my hair wouldn't have grown to the length it is now. Drink it anyways for your health. Water allows the nutrients to circulate throughout your body.

12. Eat a healthy and BALANCED diet. Make sure to try and incorporate many fruits and vegetables each day. Foods that really promote hair growth: Fish (omega 3 fatty acids), eggs (omega 3 fatty acids), oranges (full of vitamin c), nuts (particularly almonds which strengthen hair and produces a shine), carrots (full of vitamin A and makes hair shiny), broccoli (calcium), spinach, bananas (full of biotin), meat/fish (protein), etc. As for vegetables, even if you don't like them now, your taste buds will adapt to the tastes and you may start to love them!

13. Take a daily multi-vitamin.

14. Use a growth aid. It can be anything from CastorOil, JBCO, Sulfur infused oils, supplements etc. The list is endless.

15. Reduce stress. Don't worry, be happy! Yoga, meditation, relaxing, simply reduce it because it can slow down hair growth. SLEEP. SMILE. BREATHE - scalp massages in #1 can help!

16. If you are relaxed/texlaxed/transitioning, try your best to stretch your relaxers to as long as you feel is reasonable. Simply try to keep your hair in the best shape possible.

17. Every day, say a positive affirmation about yourself to motivate yourself. If you believe, YOU ARE.

18. Although we're checking in every 3 months; every 2 months do a length check for your own records to see how you are coming along.

Fun Sized Psycho

Floating on tooth shaped clouds
Supporter
Daps
I do 2, 3, 5, 6, 10, 11, 14
I used to take a multivitamin, but I got lazy & I didn't like certain flavors (gummy vitamins-I hate everything that's orange, lemon or lime flavored.)

EpicStoryTeller

Blazé Blazé
Daps
Reppin
Morioh
I do 2, 3, 5, 6, 10, 11, 14
I used to take a multivitamin, but I got lazy & I didn't like certain flavors (gummy vitamins-I hate everything that's orange, lemon or lime flavored.)
Not sure how this works for men but I'll probably try the things she named in 12. I already drink plenty of water and do 14. Our hair grows a lil different but my goal is 6 inch (doubt I'll hit 12)

EpicStoryTeller

Blazé Blazé
Daps
Reppin
Morioh
what have you tried so far? Whats your routine? I started following a simple routine for a healthier scalp and hair because my scalp is known to be flaky and dry. That was 2 weeks ago and I haven't had flakes and my hair is also growing in thicker.

miranda

Banned
Supporter
Daps
what have you tried so far? Whats your routine? I started following a simple routine for a healthier scalp and hair because my scalp is known to be flaky and dry. That was 2 weeks ago and I haven't had flakes and my hair is also growing in thicker.
i just use water and strawberry v05
where'd you find that avi pic :dead:
what do you mean?

miranda

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Pretty sure that's not enough to encourage growth, gotta incorporate more into your diet and hair treatment
i have almost waist length hair when it's straightened.
i was just referring to the fact that my natural curl pattern is so tight that my hair only grows out and gets bigger at this point, not longer, so there's nothing amazing about 12 inches of growth because it will only look like 2 inches

EpicStoryTeller

Blazé Blazé
Daps
Reppin
Morioh
i have almost waist length hair when it's straightened.
i was just referring to the fact that my natural curl pattern is so tight that my hair only grows out and gets bigger at this point, not longer, so there's nothing amazing about 12 inches of growth because it will only look like 2 inches
Well everyone has different hair, maybe yours just grows a lil different