For the first time in years hearing a hip hop song affected me

RenAi!

Half RenAi, Half Amazin'.
Daps
Reppin
TOKYO, Taitou-Ku.
I know breh, I thought of my nikkas from the land that fell as well and that made it harder too :to:

I've had my fair share of Dilla rants on here, but this one seems very appropriate.

He was my fav producer before I even knew who he was. When I was a kid I used to have runnin', drop, stakes is high, woo haa jay dee remix, so hardcore, the light, etc etc etc on repeat. When Busta's Anarchy LP came out, me and my two best friends, who were brothers, would play mostly just the Dilla joints, especially that Show Me What You Got song. We still didn't know who he was.

We'd play Power Stone 2 on the Dreamcast for hours, all the while bumping Anarchy repeatedly, all throughout that summer. Being so young, I literally thought we'd live forever. Show Me What You Got (not the hov just blaze shot) might be my fav beat ever, and something tells me it's in part due to that summer.

Becoming a beat junkie later on down the road, I was fukking amazed at finding out he single handedly made every beat that resonated so incredibly well with my childhood. His style is/was beyond ethereal to me. Hard times in life brought about many a session of welcome to Detroit, fantastic vol 2, jaylib, bling 47 tapes and whatever beat tapes I could find of his around 02-03. Dude was all I listened to for at least three years. It got to the point where I wasn't even listening-I was straight studying. His death really fukked with me.

A few months ago the oldest brother of the two killed himself. I can't describe how it is listening to alot of Dilla songs from around the Anarchy era right now. Two incredible entities that played a substantial role in the greatest time of my life are gone.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
I've had my fair share of Dilla rants on here, but this one seems very appropriate.

He was my fav producer before I even knew who he was. When I was a kid I used to have runnin', drop, stakes is high, woo haa jay dee remix, so hardcore, the light, etc etc etc on repeat. When Busta's Anarchy LP came out, me and my two best friends, who were brothers, would play mostly just the Dilla joints, especially that Show Me What You Got song. We still didn't know who he was.

We'd play Power Stone 2 on the Dreamcast for hours, all the while bumping Anarchy repeatedly, all throughout that summer. Being so young, I literally thought we'd live forever. Show Me What You Got (not the hov just blaze shot) might be my fav beat ever, and something tells me it's in part due to that summer.

Becoming a beat junkie later on down the road, I was fukking amazed at finding out he single handedly made every beat that resonated so incredibly well with my childhood. His style is/was beyond ethereal to me. Hard times in life brought about many a session of welcome to Detroit, fantastic vol 2, jaylib, bling 47 tapes and whatever beat tapes I could find of his around 02-03. Dude was all I listened to for at least three years. It got to the point where I wasn't even listening-I was straight studying. His death really fukked with me.

A few months ago the oldest brother of the two killed himself. I can't describe how it is listening to alot of Dilla songs from around the Anarchy era right now. Two incredible entities that played a substantial role in the greatest time of my life are gone.
Yeah...i didnt know most of my favorite dilla songs were dilla songs until his career progressed...

When i found out that RUNNIN my pharcyde...which is like...a top 3 song ever to me was by him...was mind blowing

RIP to your homie breh

YoungSimpson

RIP Strika
Daps
Reppin
GA
When i first heard wacka flocka's "BANG" i had flashbacks of the numerous driveby's i commited in my late teens(simpler times i guess) i weeped for the victims and their families.
I now know as a father that we should protect school children and not harbor grudges against people to try and cover up our damaged pride.

:dead:

Grand Eeezus Maxwell

"Time is when, God....lounge!!"
Daps
Reppin
Triple Six Mile
I knew who Jay Dee was cuz of his work on Busta's 1st two LP's , but I didn't become a huge fan until I heard "Players" on the "Rap Blast". It was a wrap after that.