For the first time in years hearing a hip hop song affected me

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
You never EVER lose connection with home....i may have moved across the country and whatnot, friends relocated, but until i die i will be ann arbor and the entire metro detroit, 734-313-even-garbage 248-810 till the dirt.

Few groups or artists are a soundtrack to area more than slum village WAS. Cheddaboyz,streetlordz,rock bottom, etc were the streets when i was growin up but slum was the sound...the beat the radio played in interludes and shyt...

Rip blade, wipeout,proof....but fam, when jay dee died, shyt was someother shyt....

When i was lookin thru my hard drive, and came across fantastic vol 2, and played this:

:sadcam:
It hit me fam. For the second time, in my entire life, i got home sick. I thought of them rides up 94 comin up out the lodge going to asian village and reoresenting my peoples. I thought of when i met e40 at river rock. I thought of elysum and looking down from the 2nd lvl balcony at young black greatness. I thought of them first times i seen amg benzes and lamborghni doors before i was told that was ignorant. I thought of when i wanted a pair of yays more than anything and couldnt afford em. I thought of how fresh i felt when i got em and i can go to puffer reds back in my hood today and get greeted by big red to this day and he asks how im doing professionally. I thought of fairlane and northland and how good it felt going to somerset for the first time when i had bread to buy shyt. I thought of how, i dont have that now.

I didnt realize how important this song was to me until today. I dont know if yall can relate but fam every now and then a song hits us and we think about something and theres nothing more hip hop than that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dog Holiday

Daps
Reppin
Stockport England
When i first heard wacka flocka's "BANG" i had flashbacks of the numerous driveby's i commited in my late teens(simpler times i guess) i weeped for the victims and their families.
I now know as a father that we should protect school children and not harbor grudges against people to try and cover up our damaged pride.

The_Hillsta

Neva missin a beat
Daps
:yes:

Bruh, ain't from there but that cut....favorite joint off that album.

Sh1t gets play from me at least once a week.

You mentionin 40, I get the same type of feelin whenever I hear this sh1t......takes me back.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuM2nzz2PmQ"]E-40 featuring Leviti - 1-Luv ft. Leviti - YouTube[/ame]

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
When i first heard wacka flocka's "BANG" i had flashbacks of the numerous driveby's i commited in my late teens(simpler times i guess) i weeped for the victims and their families.
I now know as a father that we should protect school children and not harbor grudges against people to try and cover up our damaged pride.

I don't know if you are serious here or not, and I don't really care, but after reading the OP then this shyt :what:

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
You have to be kidding.... right?

I looked at ur location and was like :wtb: when I read that.

maybe y'all get down like that tho....there's a dude running around on here tho from England saying that the Batman shooting thing would never ever happen in England b/c y'all are too peaceful.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:laff:

:russ:

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
the song that hit me the most was 50's Candy Shop
I mean I really want to take hot women to my candy shop
When I heard that song I really felt like the song was made specifically for me

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
My cousin married a good dude from Detroit about a year ago... During the reception they had like a 45 minute Slum Village set....Most of the people were from down South and didnt get it..

But the Detroit nikkas were all :ahh:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
2 of the 3 dudes from that song are no longer here :to:

My cousin married a good dude from Detroit about a year ago... During the reception they had like a 45 minute Slum Village set....Most of the people were from down South and didnt get it..

But the Detroit nikkas were all :ahh:

I'm from Chicago but if I went to a wedding where they did that :wow: