For the first time, black teenage suicide rates overtake white teenage suicide rates

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Basically ever since 2018 the black teenage suicide rates have sky rocketed. I personally think that it has something to do with the inflation that started in 2016 (that's when those Airbnb and "house flipping" weirdos started going crazy. Also private equity firms started buying up homes at a faster rate). This needs more attention since these kids are being hit from all sides. Now they also have to deal with anti black racism being all over social media. Please protect your kids from social media!!!

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Idk, I'm just saying. That's also around the same time that black men's lifespan started to nosedive while black homelessness started to skyrocket as well. The 2015 - 2019 era inflation needs more awareness. It was devestating. The golden era of gentrification too.

Donny

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Modern day social media is just a marathon of shytting on black men I can see how that can get confuse and shatter a young brehs confidence.

For the young girls I think black women perpetuate a lot of negativity on social media that a lot of young women might take in and internalize as well.

Then you add structural influences such as the opioid crisis and how may children have to deal with parents on drugs, covid effecting key years of social development, education of this generation at record lows I can see how black children of today might feel hopeless

Also the music our kids listen to and celebrate is so low vibrational I don’t know one grown nikka in my circle that listen to drill, or Youngboy, or them NY drill artist.

Those are children listening to songs that celebrate real life violence by and towards kids just as young as themselves

Last edited:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Idk, I'm just saying. That's also around the same time that black men's lifespan started to nosedive while black homelessness started to skyrocket as well. The 2015 - 2019 era inflation needs more awareness. It was devestating. The golden era of gentrification too.

So you admit that LANDLORDS are to blame, right? Right??

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Modern day social media is just a marathon of shytting on black men I can see how that can get confuse and shatter a young brehs confidence.

For the young girls I think black women perpetuate a lot of negativity on social media that a lot of young women might take in and internalize as well.

Then you add structural influences such as the opioid crisis and how may children have to deal with parents on drugs, covid effecting key years of social development, education of this generation at record lows I can see how black children of today might feel hopeless

Also the music our kids listen to and celebrate is so low vibrational I don’t know one grown nikka in my circle that listen to drill, or Youngboy, or them NY drill artist.

Those are children listening to songs that celebrate real life violence by and towards kids just as young as themselves
Coli brehs told me that "its just the internet" though.

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Obviously there are cumulative causes to this sad epidemic. But the woman in the story mentioned fatherlessness. Let's not ignore that.
Fatherlessness was more common in the past since teen pregnancies were higher, despite this those suicide rates back then were almost non existant.

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Social media is not socialization. Spending quality time with eachother in person has no long term substitute.

Even check this site out, most people have their profiles on private and there hasn’t been a coli meet up, or even a zoom meeting, since forever.

Becoming isolated from real human beings can have a devastating effect for some people.

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Social media is not socialization. Spending quality time with eachother in person has no long term substitute.

Even check this site out, most people have their profiles on private and there hasn’t been a coli meet up, or even a zoom meeting, since forever.

Becoming isolated from real human beings can have a devastating effect for some people.
True. Whose fault is that though?