for the fellas who are married or engaged

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Where did you propose...how did u propose...who went with you to pick the ring. Who did u tell before the proposal. How long did u have the ring...before proposing

RJY33

master of reality
Daps
Proposed in my bedroom randomly one night. Realized i wanted to do it one day on my drive home from work. Went to the ring shop and walked out 20 mins later with a ring. Gave it to her a few hours later. I think its kind of a sucker move to shop for a ring with your girl. It should be a surprise and it should be your choice. If she is pissed the ring isnt big or expensive enough then youre marrying the wrong girl brehs.

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
Where did you propose...

inside my old apartment, came back from dinner and my friends' wives had set it up w candles and rose petals and champagne waiting on ice

how did u propose...

it was an elaborate plan w a bunch of surprises, but she had no idea, proposed once we got back to the apt and fam/friends were waiting for us after

who went with you to pick the ring.

my parents came at first when i went to look at center stones but i designed the ring myself

Who did u tell before the proposal.

my parents and her parents, didn't tell anyone else til the day of

How long did u have the ring...before proposing

about 2 weeks, but i kept it in the safe at my parents' house to avoid her finding it.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Xmas 09 in our living room infront my 2 best friends (one of em was with when I picked up the ring) and her friend who was there.

Told my mom, her parents, and my 2 boys before hand that I was going to propose.

I had picked up the ring Xmas Eve although I had got it the week before. It was a ring that she had picked out :manny:

Grams

Grams Grands Gucci G'd Up
Daps
Reppin
Eastside
You must've been confident cuz the ether you would've faced if your girl said no in front of your friends and family.... it would leave me shook :damn:

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
how did you know you wanted to propose???

i knew i was going to end up marrying my wife very early on in our relationship. i don't know how to explain the feeling but i just knew. everything was right when we were together, i loved her family, she loved mine, our friends liked each other. i know it sounds cliche, but you just know. i waited logistically for a more appropriate time to actually pull the trigger though.

You must've been confident cuz the ether you would've faced if your girl said no in front of your friends and family.... it would leave me shook :damn:

if there is even an ounce of doubt as to whether she's gonna say yes you definitely shouldn't be proposing.

HabitualLineSteppa

....Fuh Q.
Daps
When I WAS engaged years ago..We went to PF Chang..I called ahead a day or two before and told em I'd be proposing that night...After dinner was done, I had be a corona and downt that ho! I went to the bathroom...Asked myself "Is you bout it fool" Did a :smugfavre: and beelined back to the table, hit the knee and the whole restaurant went ape shyt!

Random patron: YEAH!!! :damn: You the man (on some Waterboy shyt)

Couldn't even say everything I wanted to cause she said yes before I even pulled that ho out

Got the meal paid for and a bottle of champ out the ordeal :manny:

I fugged her brains out that night....then we broke up like 2 years later...:leostare:

Grams

Grams Grands Gucci G'd Up
Daps
Reppin
Eastside
if there is even an ounce of doubt as to whether she's gonna say yes you definitely shouldn't be proposing.

ranv44.gif

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
When I WAS engaged years ago..We went to PF Chang..I called ahead a day or two before and told em I'd be proposing that night...After dinner was done, I had be a corona and downt that ho! I went to the bathroom...Asked myself "Is you bout it fool" Did a :smugfavre: and beelined back to the table, hit the knee and she the whole restaurant went ape shyt!

Random patron: YEAH!!! :damn: You the man (on some Waterboy shyt)

Couldn't even say everything I wanted to cause she said yes before I even pulled that ho out

Got the meal paid for and a bottle of champ out the ordeal :manny:

I fugged her brains out that night....then we broke up like a 2 years later...:leostare:

Why?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Where did you propose
Ruth Chris

...how did u propose...

Like a G I asked her to marry me

who went with you to pick the ring.

I took her to the store to see what she liked and made a decision based on her responses. What she was interested in I was looking at getting anyways
Who did u tell before the proposal.
Asked her mother for permission
How long did u have the ring...before proposing
5-6 months

CaughtInTWebb

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big D, Texas
Where did you propose...how did u propose...who went with you to pick the ring. Who did u tell before the proposal. How long did u have the ring...before proposing

I proposed at our house. I had a couple of our friends over and cooked all of her favorite foods (Jabalaya, sweet potato pie, Nachos, ETC.) had drinks going around and I was downing shots cause I was nervous as hell. I decided I wanted to propose when I was just had the feeling that this is the woman I want to spend the rest of my life with. She made me a better person in so many ways and she was everything I could ask for. I picked the ring up and I didn't even get the one I wanted to get her. I wanted to go bigger but I forgot she has small ass hands so that other ring would've been OD. I had the ring for like 4 days before I proposed. After I finished cooking I had everyone come to the dining area and I was like, "Thank yall all for coming to be apart of this moment." Then I proceeded to tell her how I felt about her and she didn't even realize what I was about to do. But once I dropped down she started crying instantly.....shyt was dope. A beautiful moment of black love.