for the betters out here, the post your picks thread

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Syndicates were ALL over the dolphins today

I need to start acting when i see lines moving like this. I noticed it put just couldn't pull the trigger. I'm sort of new at this. What are syndicates? Groups of super gamblers? How much are they betting to move lines like this? Share some info my dude.

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I need to start acting when i see lines moving like this. I noticed it put just couldn't pull the trigger. I'm sort of new at this. What are syndicates? Groups of super gamblers? How much are they betting to move lines like this? Share some info my dude.

:patrice: Lemme preface this post by saying no matter who's on what side, it's still gambling. I'm not one of those 20/20 hindsight, "I told you so people" because I could've just easily lost this game but thankfully i won out.

Syndicates are groups of gamblers with a lot of money who work together to make money. Sharps, wise guys-- whatever you wanna call them, they were ALL on Miami today. Those people like to target games where there's an inflated or "incorrect" line and play for value which is why they oftentimes seem like contrarian bettors.

A majority of the public took the Pats because of the "easy" line and the fact Miami historically has been trash against Brady gang. With that in mind, it doesn't make any sense that the line would've shifted ALL the way to -1/pickem, so that leads me to believe a shyt ton of money came in on Miami, enough that it steamed (moved) the line to a pick.

Sharps lose just as much in some instances as "squares" so the whole contrarian thing isn't a surefire way to win longterm, but if you pick yours spots you can come out n/h on the right side.

This was one of those games where I felt incredibly confident as soon as I placed the bet. Interestingly enough massey ratings had Miami winning by a field goal so it leads me to believe the linesmakers intentionally threw that line out there to attract a lot of patriots money, but the sharps knew the favored the wrong team and pounded the hell out of Miami at whatever price it was available.

Also, line movement isn't always an indicator of who's going to win, but if you chase steam (betting on the side where sharp money is coming on) chances are you're betting on the same side as some "sharp" betting $15,000 which is why most people do it because they believe these people know something we don't

nomoreneveragain

Superstar
Daps
Code:
$25.00$3,000.00$0.00 Loss13 Team Teaser (ties push) Teaser tp 5fb & 4bk
Win12/15/13 1:00pm  NFL Football 305 Washington Redskins +10½ * vs Atlanta Falcons
Win12/15/13 1:00pm  NFL Football 307 San Francisco 49ers pk * vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Pending12/15/13 4:25pm  NFL Football 312 St. Louis Rams +12 * vs New Orleans Saints
Loss12/15/13 1:00pm  NFL Football 314 New York Giants +16 * vs Seattle Seahawks
Win12/15/13 1:00pm  NFL Football 315 Chicago Bears +5 * vs Cleveland Browns
Win12/15/13 1:00pm  NFL Football 318 Indianapolis Colts -1 * vs Houston Texans
Win12/15/13 1:00pm  NFL Football 320 Jacksonville Jaguars +9 * vs Buffalo Bills
Win12/15/13 1:00pm  NFL Football 321 New England Patriots +7½ * vs Miami Dolphins
Win12/15/13 1:00pm  NFL Football 324 Minnesota Vikings +12½ * vs Philadelphia Eagles
Pending12/15/13 4:05pm  NFL Football 327 Kansas City Chiefs -2 * vs Oakland Raiders
Pending12/15/13 4:25pm  NFL Football 330 Dallas Cowboys pk * vs Green Bay Packers
Pending12/15/13 8:30pm  NFL Football 331 Cincinnati Bengals +5 * vs Pittsburgh Steelers
Pending12/16/13 8:40pm  NFL Football 333 Baltimore Ravens +12 * vs Detroit Lions

Looking at all these games right now

fukking Eli

:to:

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:patrice: Lemme preface this post by saying no matter who's on what side, it's still gambling. I'm not one of those 20/20 hindsight, "I told you so people" because I could've just easily lost this game but thankfully i won out.

Syndicates are groups of gamblers with a lot of money who work together to make money. Sharps, wise guys-- whatever you wanna call them, they were ALL on Miami today. Those people like to target games where there's an inflated or "incorrect" line and play for value which is why they oftentimes seem like contrarian bettors.

A majority of the public took the Pats because of the "easy" line and the fact Miami historically has been trash against Brady gang. With that in mind, it doesn't make any sense that the line would've shifted ALL the way to -1/pickem, so that leads me to believe a shyt ton of money came in on Miami, enough that it steamed (moved) the line to a pick.

Sharps lose just as much in some instances as "squares" so the whole contrarian thing isn't a surefire way to win longterm, but if you pick yours spots you can come out n/h on the right side.

This was one of those games where I felt incredibly confident as soon as I placed the bet. Interestingly enough massey ratings had Miami winning by a field goal so it leads me to believe the linesmakers intentionally threw that line out there to attract a lot of patriots money, but the sharps knew the favored the wrong team and pounded the hell out of Miami at whatever price it was available.

Also, line movement isn't always an indicator of who's going to win, but if you chase steam (betting on the side where sharp money is coming on) chances are you're betting on the same side as some "sharp" betting $15,000 which is why most people do it because they believe these people know something we don't

Thanks breh. I'd rep if i could :sadcam: