for the betters out here, the post your picks thread

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have yet to bet on the knicks, but everything I read about the Knicks vs Indiana game has scared me off them.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
:snoop: I knew I should have taken those prop bets. Over/under sacks for the game (4.5). Team to get the most first downs (SF). Over under for longest field goal of the game (45.4). Team to kick the longest fg

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
3:00 left but I'm calling it now.

Not how many wins, it's how many units.

1-1 on the day, but San Fran was the only play that matters.

Might chill on tomorow cause there's no NBA plays that jump out.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Thinking the same thing. Western Michigan is horrible.

Pretty much. the way I look at it, is NIU better than W.Michigan by 4+ scores? No question...plus they need to run up the score to get those BCS computers puttin. Manziel, Mariotta, Petty have all pretty much killed their heisman stock, opens the door for Jordan Lynch to possibly get invited. Massey has the line at -38.5

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Usually don't like playing big spreads, but I'll sleep on this as a possible play

I've been avoiding big spreads and they have almost always covered. Just look at FSU, they get a large one every week it seems. I was looking at the 50+ FSU one last weekend it covered. I was scared of the Stanford one and that covered too. Baylor been covering large spreads and ECU has covered some as well

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've been avoiding big spreads and they have almost always covered. Just look at FSU, they get a large one every week it seems. I was looking at the 50+ FSU one last weekend it covered. I was scared of the Stanford one and that covered too. Baylor been covering large spreads and ECU has covered some as well
I don't do the big spreads much either, but I've noticed that with a top 25 ranked team playing a real shyt team (i'm talking about teams like Cal, Idaho, etc.) at home, they usually cover.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
I don't do the big spreads much either, but I've noticed that with a top 25 ranked team playing a real shyt team (i'm talking about teams like Cal, Idaho, etc.) at home, they usually cover.

like clockwork. The thing with CFB is there's incentive for teams to win as much as possible for the BCS computers. It's almost as if they're not playing against the team, they're playing against the spread. Are spreads incorporated into the bcs rankings formula (i doubt it)

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
like clockwork. The thing with CFB is there's incentive for teams to win as much as possible for the BCS computers. It's almost as if they're not playing against the team, they're playing against the spread. Are spreads incorporated into the bcs rankings formula (i doubt it)

Just checked and it turns out the BCS computers don't incorporate margin of victory in their rankings

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Just checked and it turns out the BCS computers don't incorporate margin of victory in their rankings

I just read that too, they did but they stopped to prevent running up the score. But there's alot of speculation that alot of voters in the AP Poll and coaches Poll don't really watch games and they just check the box scores before they cast their votes. Which is understandable, you can't watch every single game especially when games run concurrently.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

bcs computers don't but that's only a part of what makes up bcs rankings

there are humans who make up part of the bcs rankings and they look at scores

The BCS relies on a combination of polls and computer selection methods to determine relative team rankings

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
for big spreads you hae to look at an array of things, is it home or away?
is it senior night?:
rivarly game?

how good are the backups?

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Wouldn't there be incentive for W. Michigan in having NIU make a BCS bowl. The BCS bowl money is split among the conference :ehh: