For Coli Writers/Authors, What do you most enjoy about Writing???

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I always enjoy writing what I know and it’s mostly about relationships in my life. But the common thread in everything I write, even my songs, is internal conflict. There’s always a push and pull in my narrative voice or main character that I love exploring. Normally my main character has to deal with the world throwing curve balls at him/her that they figured they could easily hit but in truth, they have no clue what they’re doing

Mr. McDowell

The Brotha's Got His Own Money
Daps
Reppin
Jamaica Estates
What kind of stories are you brehs/brehettes working on right now?(Short Stories/full length/poems etc.)

Features primarily. Wrote a YA novel late last year before turning my attention to action-oriented films. Would really like to go back to comedy, but that has become a chore lately.

Mr. McDowell

The Brotha's Got His Own Money
Daps
Reppin
Jamaica Estates
One of my best friends tore my script to shreds, even though she liked it. I always forget you need to have that one friend who reads, who will give it to you straight. :dame:

Her notes were helpful though. Strangely enough, the changes were all rather cosmetic. One thing that bothered me was her desire to delve super deep into C and D stories of the film, that would not in any way tie into the main plotline. I'm sitting there thinking, "why do you want to bog this script down with scenes no one will want to see on screen? This isn't a book."

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
What kind of stories are you brehs/brehettes working on right now?(Short Stories/full length/poems etc.)

I'm working on two fics. One is a comedy featuring a modern day celebrity who gets caught up in his own fandom under an anonymous name. The other is a sociohistorical vampire fic with some parallels between slavery and modern day racism. I'm gonna try to continue to work on both until one of them really grabs me completely.