Florida voters will vote on ballot initiatives for abortion rights and recreational marijuana on November 5th

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Say breh, I noticed you didn't continue our last conversation. I thought the strategy was to not vote if it's not a pro black agenda. As far as I can tell, neither of these specifically helps black people so your recommendation was to not vote at all. So should Floribrehs vote this time?

I always told people here especially black folks to vote their own self interests :francis: that will never change in local elections bit lets be clear democracy only works when your team has superior numbers.
If these politicians on a higher level not giving you shyt for your vote dont reward them its simple as that its not rocket science...

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
I think abortion will fail but the weed will pass. IMO people are not on the same page as these politicians now.

Gifted one

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
A lot of new voters this time around that's turning 18. I can see both passing, but we'll see what DeSantis and the GOP does after they both pass. I remember him reversing some of the laws passed after it was voted by the people for non violent felons to get their voting rights back. 2 more years of this clown as our governor :francis:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I always told people here especially black folks to vote their own self interests :francis: that will never change in local elections bit lets be clear democracy only works when your team has superior numbers.
If these politicians on a higher level not giving you shyt for your vote dont reward them its simple as that its not rocket science...
Ok I'm getting it. People should vote for the things that matter to them? That's a point we can agree on. We can half agree on democracy only working with superior numbers - I think you mean to say WINNING in a democracy only works with superior numbers. That makes sense, however just because your position loses doesn't necessarily mean democracy is broken.

But at any rate you lose me on not rewarding a politician with a vote. In this scenario we aren't even talking about voting for candidates, this is policy. So if you withhold the vote now, doesn't that run counter to your point about voting for self interests? Wouldn't you effectively be saying that you don't have any interests at all? Also in regards to the numbers argument: since majority wins, wouldn't logic dictate to get as many people as you can to vote for the policy you're looking to get passed? How does that mesh with withholding the vote?

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Ok I'm getting it. People should vote for the things that matter to them? That's a point we can agree on. We can half agree on democracy only working with superior numbers - I think you mean to say WINNING in a democracy only works with superior numbers. That makes sense, however just because your position loses doesn't necessarily mean democracy is broken.

But at any rate you lose me on not rewarding a politician with a vote. In this scenario we aren't even talking about voting for candidates, this is policy. So if you withhold the vote now, doesn't that run counter to your point about voting for self interests? Wouldn't you effectively be saying that you don't have any interests at all? Also in regards to the numbers argument: since majority wins, wouldn't logic dictate to get as many people as you can to vote for the policy you're looking to get passed? How does that mesh with withholding the vote?

All I know is that other groups wouldn't vote for politicians that give them utter disrespect and contempt black people need to be single issue voters from now on and be independent...:manny:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
All I know is that other groups wouldn't vote for politicians that give them utter disrespect and contempt black people need to be single issue voters from now on and be independent...:manny:
But hang on breh, these are ballot initiatives and not politicians. So what's the recommendation here? Because if the recommendation is not to vote because there's concern about having the numbers to win, doesn't that feed into itself? What happens if a bunch of Floribrehs sit this one out and weed legalization - I'm just guessing that's the initiative more important to you - doesn't pass by a narrow margin? Didn't those people that withheld their vote scuttle the chances of it passing?

badboys11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
M
Marijuana passes easily in Florida, everybody there including the senior citizens get high.

I could see the abortion vote being way closer than people think