Florida Gov. DeSantis will run for President in 2028

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He's totally fake you can tell he's fake liking the company no clue how he won the state of florida twice:snoop:
He didn't beat Gillam. Trump admitted that he ordered that the ballot counting be stopped when DeSantis was ahead in the count.

ADevilYouKhow

Rhyme Reason
Daps
Reppin
got a call for three nines
Note how Desantis was very adamant against attacking other Republicans when it came to calling out Trump but as soon as some Black Repubs call out his black history curriculum now he's got every insult in the book. :mjpls:

It makes me want to hold Republicans accountable for their actions

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Jesus :picard:

DeSantis diminished himself from the start by chasing Trump’s shadow. There is no rightful succession to a cult of personality, and certainly not with the absence of personality. Being a messiah is a one-at-a-time business. The false messiah who turns out not to be the second coming typically winds up being castigated as a fraudulent betrayer and burned at the stake.

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jesus :picard:

DeSantis diminished himself from the start by chasing Trump’s shadow. There is no rightful succession to a cult of personality, and certainly not with the absence of personality. Being a messiah is a one-at-a-time business. The false messiah who turns out not to be the second coming typically winds up being castigated as a fraudulent betrayer and burned at the stake.

So many quotables.

I like this one
He is seemingly incapable of operating apart from his stunts because of his deficit of being.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
:skip: You know how awful you have to be for Mike pence to say you fukking up

CLINTON, Iowa — Former Vice President Mike Pence said he would encourage Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis to "take another look" at controversial new state guidelines for how to teach about slavery in schools.

Teachers, civil rights leaders and others have criticized DeSantis for the curriculum, which now requires Florida teachers to instruct middle-school students that enslaved people “developed skills which, in some instances, could be applied for their personal benefit.”

Slavery was evil and nothing good ever came from slavery," Pence told reporters in Clinton Sunday evening. "But I have a hard time believing that Florida intended to say anything other than that in their education standards. And I’d encourage the governor to take another look at it."

DeSantis, who like Pence is seeking the Republican nomination for president, has received criticism from across the political spectrum over the curriculum.

Vice President Kamala Harris traveled to Florida last week to condemn the new educational standards.

And U.S. Sen Tim Scott, who is also seeking the Republican presidential nomination, criticized DeSantis over the standards, saying "there's no silver lining to slavery."

More:Tim Scott touts Iowa school vouchers, says 'there's no silver lining to slavery'

DeSantis told a crowd of Iowa Republicans at the party's annual Lincoln Dinner on Friday that "I'm not budging an inch."

We have beaten the left's agenda in the state of Florida, so she thinks she can come down and lie about what we're doing," DeSantis said of Harris. "I'm not budging an inch. We are going to fight back against these people, and we are not letting them take over our schools any longer."

DeSantis also said pushed back against his Republican critics, saying "D.C. Republicans all too often accept false narratives — accept lies that are perpetrated by the left."

Pence pointed out that the Republican Party is the party of Lincoln.

"We went through a bloody Civil War; 600,000 Americans fell to end the scourge of slavery in this country," Pence said. "We still bear the scars in many ways in this country, but we’ve made incredible progress toward a more perfect union."

Pence's comments to reporters came after he spoke to a crowd of about 300 at the Clinton County GOP Hog Roast, the final stop on a three-day campaign swing through Iowa.

More:Mike Pence defends call to again ban transgender Americans from military service

Stephen Gruber-Miller covers the Iowa Statehouse and politics for the Register. He can be reached by email at sgrubermil@registermedia.com or by phone at 515-284-8169. Follow him on Twitter at @sgrubermiller.

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Some interesting tidbits in here.

1. By almost 2:1, GOP primary voters prefer a candidate who believes exactly like them over the candidate who has a better chance of winning. Bad news for DeSantis.

2. There seems to be appx 20% of primary voters that have huge problems with trump.

3. DeSantis needs the third tiers to drop out asap.

4. Only 68% self identify as Republicans. That seems very low to me and not a good sign.

5. 46% of trump supporters are still open to supporting someone else. But only 34% of non trump voters would consider voting for him.