Flexibility Is Important: So, I went to a yoga class today and

Giselle

Bushed
Daps
I got hot, but not sweaty, my heart rate increased a little and I could hear me breathing some of the time.

I was not expecting that at all. I thought it was just streching. lol

I felt so much better after that class. Like, less tight. More flexible..

That must mean I'm really out of shape though.

I went with my sister. It was mostly women, some old, middle aged, my sister and I were the youngest (19/20). I only saw 2 males and both of them were old and white. I could do a back bend, and most of the other stretches, but couldn't do things that involved my legs being straight out in front of me, like a split and putting my nose to my knees while touching my toes. I used to be able to do those things effortlessly :mjcry: I. need all of my flexibility back and plan on going to yoga class everyday.

Have any of you ever tried doing yoga? Why/why not?

Last edited:

Giselle

Bushed
Daps
If I can find the time for it, I want to work on flexibility. All my life I have never been able to sit Indian style :mjcry: And my left shoulder def has more mobility than my right. I'm too focused on building muscle and losing fat right now though. Maybe when I'm older
Your gym doesn't have free classes?

MWinn

Pro
Daps
I got hot, but not sweaty, my heart rate increased a little and I could hear me breathing some of the time.

I was not expecting that at all. I thought it was just streching. lol

I felt so much better after that class. Like, less tight. More flexible..

That must mean I'm really out of shape though.

I went with my sister. It mostly women, some old, middle aged, my sister and I were the youngest (19/20). I only saw 2 males and both of them were and white. I could do a back bend, and most of the other stretches, but couldn't do things that involved my legs being straight out in front of me, like a split and putting my nose to my knees while touching my toes. I used to be able to do those things effortlessly :mjcry: I. need all of my flexibility back and plan on going to yoga class everyday.

Have any of you ever tried doing yoga? Why/why not?

Yoga is great. I love it. When I did yoga for the first time after being stiff for two years (April 2016) I couldn't do the split moves or hold some of the poses either, so don't feel bad. It's definitely something to continue and incorporate into your everyday life. Also, look into pole fitness, in a way it reminds me of yoga. Stripper yoga :jbhmm:

MWinn

Pro
Daps
If I can find the time for it, I want to work on flexibility. All my life I have never been able to sit Indian style :mjcry: And my left shoulder def has more mobility than my right. I'm too focused on building muscle and losing fat right now though. Maybe when I'm older

Consider seeing a chiropractor. A good chiropractor can make life seem so vibrant after a couple of sessions.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Your gym doesn't have free classes?
Money's not the issue, at least at my gym... classes there are cheap. It's more about time.

Consider seeing a chiropractor. A good chiropractor can make life seem so vibrant after a couple of sessions.
It's not that bad. I can squat with decent form and no pain.... that's all I really care about at this point. As I get older though I definitely want to work more on flexibility and balance. I have great balance now and want to keep it.

Giselle

Bushed
Daps
You're a female? :ohhh:
I thought he was a male.

Nope

Brothers can't do yoga?

Males can do yoga too.

Lebron and other professional athletes began doing it a few years ago.

Everyone is supposed to be flexible.

People of both genders are born flexible and usually lose it as they get older if you don't do things to keep it up.

MWinn

Pro
Daps
Nope

Brothers can't do yoga?

Okay, because I swear I've semi flirted with you before (not that you noticed...)
That's what's up. It just gives the impression that you like to be mellow and stress free, nothing to do with gender.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Okay, because I swear I've semi flirted with you before (not that you noticed...)
That's what's up. It just gives the impression that you like to be mellow and stress free, nothing to do with gender.
:ohhh::obama:

Giselle

Bushed
Daps
I don't understand how I got sore from yoga, all I did was stretch. If feels like I lifted weights or something lol.