FLAMIN' HOT | Official Trailer | Searchlight Pictures (Hulu/Disney+ 6/9) (Cheetos story, no :dame:)

FeverPitch2

Superstar
Daps
He worked on the Mexican version, Sabrasitos, or some shyt like that, aimed at the Latin market a few years after Flaming Hot Cheetos entered the market. That alone was enough to get him from lowly janitor/machine operator to corporate executive yet he decided to create this spicy fairy tale that is now leaving people with a bad taste in their mouths. :troll:

I don't doubt for a second this dude was sprinkling some Mexican herbs and spices on his ration of free product in the 80s but the boring corporate process beat him to the punch getting the idea on the shelves. Still he pushed on and tailored his idea towards the Latin market and helped create a secondary brand that is nothing to sneeze at. I can only imagine that he took credit for the entirely of the product line because Flaming Hot is the bigger brand name and a better story in his mind. I guess Frito Lay agreed because they allowed him to criss cross the country earning high dollars speaking fees to spread the myth (while still employed by them) while they knew the truth the entire time.

The fact that he went from wage slave to slaver and the company refuses to slander the man while finally admitting publicly he is lying through his Flaming Hot teeth says he contributed mightily to the company so surprisingly the feel they owe him some loyalty and grace. Really though his real story is just as impressive and doesn't have the taint of being a fukking lie that ultimately takes some shine off of what is a good underdog story. Longoria should have just told the real story of a flawed man who obtained true success on his own but his ego and sense of entitlement led him to horde the accomplishments of others as well.
I think basically that's it.
I think Frito-Lay let him go around around telling that story as modern day folktale because ultimately it makes the company look good.
And of course, it sells the shyt out of the product.
It's just that not everybody at the company was in on it and once they heard, they were like :dahell:
When in doubt just think, with all the trademarks, logos, etc., this movie absolutely couldn't have been made without Frito-Lay's full cooperation.
They would have sued the shyt out of him and shut this movie down with lightning speed.
Even this "controversy" is good for the movie, the product, and the company.