FLAMIN' HOT | Official Trailer | Searchlight Pictures (Hulu/Disney+ 6/9) (Cheetos story, no :dame:)

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030

FLAMIN’ HOT is the inspiring true story of Richard Montañez (Jesse Garcia), the Frito Lay janitor who channeled his Mexican American heritage and upbringing to turn the iconic Flamin’ Hot Cheetos into a snack that disrupted the food industry and became a global pop culture phenomenon Cast: Jesse Garcia, Annie Gonzalez, Dennis Haysbert, Emilio Rivera, Tony Shalhoub, Matt Walsh, Pepe Serna, Bobby Soto, Jimmy Gonzales, Brice Gonzalez, Vanessa Martinez, Fabian Alomar, Mario Ponce, Hunter Jones

:dame: ass title

even if this story has been refuted:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How is the title :dame:? It's literally a reference to Flamin' Hot Cheetos.

That was the first thing I thought of when I saw the title, not any un-Harlem like activities. :dame:

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
It's a good feel good story.....just don't Google about what really happened.....otherwise you might wonder how they let this movie get made

ThaBoyBam

You don't respect your jaw!
Daps
It's a good feel good story.....just don't Google about what really happened.....otherwise you might wonder how they let this movie get made

Flick was dope. I googled the shyt mid movie. I kinda believe breh to a point.

I think Frito was experimenting with the idea at the same time dude was too. He just put it out to his people first. They're not gonna give this guy credit for it as it would trigger him being entitled to more bread. The promotion shyt was true. No way he's going from janitor to coroprate without a significant contribution. Just my guess. I want to believe him lol.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
He worked on the Mexican version, Sabrasitos, or some shyt like that, aimed at the Latin market a few years after Flaming Hot Cheetos entered the market. That alone was enough to get him from lowly janitor/machine operator to corporate executive yet he decided to create this spicy fairy tale that is now leaving people with a bad taste in their mouths. :troll:

I don't doubt for a second this dude was sprinkling some Mexican herbs and spices on his ration of free product in the 80s but the boring corporate process beat him to the punch getting the idea on the shelves. Still he pushed on and tailored his idea towards the Latin market and helped create a secondary brand that is nothing to sneeze at. I can only imagine that he took credit for the entirely of the product line because Flaming Hot is the bigger brand name and a better story in his mind. I guess Frito Lay agreed because they allowed him to criss cross the country earning high dollars speaking fees to spread the myth (while still employed by them) while they knew the truth the entire time.

The fact that he went from wage slave to slaver and the company refuses to slander the man while finally admitting publicly he is lying through his Flaming Hot teeth says he contributed mightily to the company so surprisingly the feel they owe him some loyalty and grace. Really though his real story is just as impressive and doesn't have the taint of being a fukking lie that ultimately takes some shine off of what is a good underdog story. Longoria should have just told the real story of a flawed man who obtained true success on his own but his ego and sense of entitlement led him to horde the accomplishments of others as well.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Surprised Noel g wasn't in this

Not sure if the guy playing Richard is exaggerating his accent but he sounds like Cheech

And :mjlol: Monk playing the head of PepsiCo

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
S tier low budget streaming movie. Yeah the story is BS but so are the overwhelming majority of based of true stories. The lead was very like able and very entertaining feel good story. 1000x better then the white man cant jump remake