First Trailer for Fantastic Fest's Horrific Romance 'Spring'

Gil Scott-Heroin

āœŠšŸæ
Daps
It was very beautifully shot with the color palette in the lighting and all of Italy though.
I second that. Great dialogue too. A few things could've been done differently, but overall, it was a good film. This is probably the best description I've seen -

"Think Before Sunrise as written by HP Lovecraft; or, a Richard Linklater version of Species."

• Dap
Reactions: hex
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
I thought this well put together. Definitely makes me interested in the endless. Is this based on any specific lovecraft stories?

I can see why people are wanting more. But because they never truly show her true monster state, I think that is what enhances the love story. I kinda think this is great because I hate rom coms :russ: To me it's a twisted dark romantic comedy

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I thought this well put together. Definitely makes me interested in the endless. Is this based on any specific lovecraft stories?

I can see why people are wanting more. But because they never truly show her true monster state, I think that is what enhances the love story. I kinda think this is create because I hate rom coms :russ: To me it's a twisted dark romantic comedy

Nah, it's not based on anything specific. There is so much stuff in pop culture heavily influenced by Lovecraft that most people don't do things based on specific stories or ideas. Pretty much anything dealing with creatures from other dimensions, "ancient gods", monsters blending in with humanity (like "Spring"), ancestral horror (guy inherits a cursed mansion, etc.) or anything dealing with how unimportant humanity is in the grand scheme of the universe (cosmic dread) is directly from him.

Most of his work is public domain (meaning, his material isn't copyrighted) so even when people do blatantly jack ideas they very rarely give him credit, anyway.

Fred.