First Trailer for Fantastic Fest's Horrific Romance 'Spring'

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
Looks interesting :ohhh:

Spring is directed by Justin Benson & Aaron Moorhead, the former of which also wrote the script. Evan (Lou Taylor Pucci) is a young American trying to escape his past by backpacking along the Italian coast, everything changes during a stop at an idyllic Italian village, where he meets and instantly connects with the enchanting and mysterious Louise (Nadia Hilker). A flirtatious romance begins to bloom - however, Evan learns Louise has been harboring a monstrous, primordial secret that puts both their relationship and their lives in jeopardy. Drafthouse Films releases the film on VOD and in limited theaters on March 20th.

blackestofpanthers

God forgives, you are forgiven.
Daps
Reppin
Bay area
Really enjoyed this movie. The special effects were really good considering it was low budget. Great scenery. It was mostly a love story so i hope nobody goes in expecting a lot of horror. Probably 80% romance 20%horror.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Really enjoyed this movie. The special effects were really good considering it was low budget. Great scenery. It was mostly a love story so i hope nobody goes in expecting a lot of horror. Probably 80% romance 20%horror.
I've heard really great things about this movie though...it seems to be the sleeper hit like It Follows was last year. I'm excited about this one

blackestofpanthers

Daps
Reppin
Bay area
I've heard really great things about this movie though...it seems to be the sleeper hit like It Follows was last year. I'm excited about this one
I'd give it a 7.5/10 :ehh:
The movie was about 100 minutes, i would have been okay with it being 2 hours or more though.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
I'd give it a 7.5/10 :ehh:
The movie was about 100 minutes, i would have been okay with it being 2 hours or more though.
Nothing better than a movie leaving you wanting more, so I'm hyped. Low Key, based on last year and this year, indie horror is trying to bring horror back in a big way

blackestofpanthers

Daps
Reppin
Bay area
Nothing better than a movie leaving you wanting more, so I'm hyped. Low Key, based on last year and this year, indie horror is trying to bring horror back in a big way
Yea this movie made me interested in seeing more from the two directors. I didn't realize they directed a short in vhs:viral. That movie stunk, but their short wasn't that bad. This movie is definitely an improvement.

Another great thing about the movie is you have literally no idea what kind of "monster" this girl is. You only see glimpses here and there but nothing definitive.You only see her truly transformed at the same moment the lead character does, so it's a great reveal. You're just as shocked as he is at the moment.

Rebel Soldier

He’s good
Daps
Reppin
Georgia
The scene with
the chick morphing into the giant tentacle creature in the apartment
had me shook .

But yeah, I enjoyed it. The movie is more of a romance with horror/sci fi elements. I dislike romance films but I thought the relationship between the two was done very well. Decent film :ehh:.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I thought it was dope, but yeah like @blackestofpanthers said it's like 75% romance, 25% horror. It was pretty creative though....and that girl was :shaq:status. I don't blame ol' boy for simping.

Only real complaint I have is the movie could've been longer and explored what exactly she was though, because they didn't give much info. Anyway, it's a good movie, I liked it.

Fred.

blackestofpanthers

Daps
Reppin
Bay area
I thought it was dope, but yeah like @blackestofpanthers said it's like 75% romance, 25% horror. It was pretty creative though....and that girl was :shaq:status. I don't blame ol' boy for simping.

Only real complaint I have is the movie could've been longer and explored what exactly she wast though, because they didn't give much info. Anyway, it's a good movie, I liked it.

Fred.
Yea she was really beautiful, also loved her accent. I think there will be a lot of people saying it should have been longer. The leads had really good chemistry. I'm really curious about her origins, had to google and read some interviews from the directors. They didn't give an answer as to her true nature :francis:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps

Only real complaint I have is the movie could've been longer and explored what exactly she was though, because they didn't give much info. Anyway, it's a good movie, I liked it.

Fred.

It was entertaining enough. It was very beautifully shot with the color palette in the lighting and all of Italy though. But Jesus Christ that guy was a simp. What a sissy and this is coming from someone who just got married a week ago.

I get that he had nobody else and she was so fine that I could see why he would want to be with her but he just came off like a wuss.

Girl kinda looked like emily ratajkowaki at times