First Spielberg, and now Peter Jackson and two others rumored for the DCEU

Disgustya Stallone

Man Who Owns 2 Microwaves
Daps
Last month a reliable source said that after the Steven Spielberg news, another big director was in talks to join the DC Extended Universe. Today, we may have the name of that big director.

TheOneRing.net says that The Lord of the Rings director Peter Jackson is currently thinking about what his next project will be. His choices? A Middle-earth series for Amazon or something in the DCEU.

Jackson would certainly fit the “big director” title that was rumored for DC. But it gets better. After this news broke late last night, @DanielRPK, the reliable source who told us a big director was in talks with DC, said that two more big names could follow.

Obviously this is all just rumor and speculation right now but if even some of it becomes true there will be good times ahead for the DC Extended Universe.

Would you like Peter Jackson to make a DC movie? Who do you think the other two directors could be? Let me know in the comments below.

Source

:hhh:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
At this point i just want a movie

all we're getting from them is Aquaman in 2018

and it looks like all we're getting is Shazam in 2019 since that's the only thing they're filming (and the year is halfway over)

They need to drop 2-3 films a year at mininum
Wonder Woman 2 is next year it films next month

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
That's cute.
full

Not sure. but personally i wish they would just let Christopher Nolan run the whole show.
Nolan should come over to Marvel. :win:

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Whatever Peter Jackson does I hope it isn’t more middle earth.

I don’t entirely blame him for the hobbit since del toro bailed at the last second fukking things up but it’s clear as fukk he’s burnt out and not inspired by it anymore. And I’d like to see someone else get a crack at it

Rumours are :francis: let me hear some official announcements I’m tired of rumours

Last edited:

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
That's cute.
full

Nolan should come over to Marvel. :win:
Unless marvel radically changes their approach guys like Nolan and Spielberg wouldn’t touch marvel. They want control. Nolan would laugh at the prospect of being told what to do like that.

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
Wonder Woman 2 is next year it films next month
it honestly shouldn't cost that much to get a "The Raid" style Batman film in Arkham Aslyum popping.

sh1t, All they need to hire those directors and stunt men, they could probably knock out a classic in a few months

throw Scarecrow in the mix for some CGI stuff

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
it honestly shouldn't cost that much to get a "The Raid" style Batman film in Arkham Aslyum popping.

sh1t, All they need to hire those directors and stunt man, they could probably knock out a classic in a few months

throw Scarecrow in the mix for some CGI stuff
I’m sure Matt Reeves is cooking up something lovely.

Probably will film next year come out in 2020

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Cool to have big names on board, but I'd rather see them get directors making their name or who are experienced in a particular genre and turn them loose on their properties. James Wan seems like a smart pick and Patty Jenkins wasn't exactly a household name before WW. Ava is definitely on the come up too :ld:

I feel like they should just rock with cats like that as opposed to getting held hostage by one director's vision again. :ehh:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
At this point i just want a movie

all we're getting from them is Aquaman in 2018

and it looks like all we're getting is Shazam in 2019 since that's the only thing they're filming (and the year is halfway over)

They need to drop 2-3 films a year at mininum
Rushing is what some people were attacking them for before. Now they're taking their time and seeing how each does :yeshrug:Until filming is actually happening everything is merely rumors.