First OnLive, now Stadia, Cloud gaming has been rejected by the people. It’s time to let it go

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
If the input lag is so low that I don’t notice for hundreds of hours across multiple games then that implies the tech behind it is solid :unimpressed:

I’ve played most of my yakuza 0 playthrough on xcloud and played a few hours of the first spiderman on PSNow as well. Stadia has much less input lag than both, to the point where you forget you’re streaming and it just feels like a regular game. The tech is there and will only get better over time as these companies invest more into it and optimize everything. Streaming taking over consoles completely is still a stretch but having the option to do both is nothing but a benefit to gamers
My harddrive is full so I stream most of the games I play on Gamepass with ZERO input lag (I try it both ways from time to time)
Only thing I've seen was the resolution degrade or a little screen tearing. That only has happened recently as I've moved to a slower speed internet
But the gameplay even under those circumstances remained flawless.

So I'm just going to assume it has to do with peoples home connections more than if the technology is ready.. because it is

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s definitely something to build on I don’t think they should just can their tech. Now I would never stream games but if and when it guarantees no to very little input lag then I would consider it but until then it’s not even necessary for me at least

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
If the input lag is so low that I don’t notice for hundreds of hours across multiple games then that implies the tech behind it is solid :unimpressed:

I’ve played most of my yakuza 0 playthrough on xcloud and played a few hours of the first spiderman on PSNow as well. Stadia has much less input lag than both, to the point where you forget you’re streaming and it just feels like a regular game. The tech is there and will only get better over time as these companies invest more into it and optimize everything. Streaming taking over consoles completely is still a stretch but having the option to do both is nothing but a benefit to gamers

I'm not even talking about any of this other stuff. There's definitely noticeable input lag there from my experience with it on some of the best internet available. Its nowhere close to a regular game lol, but if you feel that way then more power to you.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I think cloud all depends on the model because the ones that have failed had poor business models. From what I've seen Geforce now seems to be doing well and XCloud seems to be doing alright. However, I had a better experience with Stadia compared to the others tbh

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I like Sony, Nintendo and M$ current approach to cloud gaming. It's complementary to the consoles, but not a main feature.

I do think eventually internet will be advanced enough to replace consoles, but its still like 25/50 years too early. Maybe starlink will be the answer

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I remember when the white man tried to turn gaming mobile.
Flop.

Remember when he then tried to take a gaming away and make it a cloud service.

Flop.

What will be his next affront to the culture

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
didn't sony buy onlive?.? I imagine ppl are still using that in some capacity

stadia failed because google

xcloud and ps plus (onlive?) will be fine though because they are delivered thru familiar gaming platforms to begin with

the Nvidia will probably survive too because their shield platform has a loyal following

that Amazon shyt is the next to die guaranteed

Last edited:

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
Stadia flopping doesn't mean the entire industry is failing. X cloud and gamepass are doing fine

That's like saying smartphones are dead because BlackBerry and Windows phone flopped.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I remember when physical games mattered so much a video like this truly shifted the tide of console gaming.

Today physical games are quickly approaching irrelevance.

Does Apple even mention the amount of songs they sell on the iTunes Music store or do they just talk about Apple Music?

A physical console could just as easily go by the wayside like physical games have. All the big 3 in consoles are invested in and support cloud gaming.

It's the lag... It's why tournaments are played in person and on hard lines...

Until you can stream AAA titles with the same graphics and fps as a physical console, the market will always be there. Or should I say, the market will just transform into computers being the only physical. They'll be the console, since you already can hook up a ps5/xbox controller

But to say it'll ALL be streaming.. That's a lot of bandwidth