Films where you first saw an actor known for doing a certain accent speaking in their native accent

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'd only seen him acting in the Fast & Furious series, didn't expect him to be so effeminate.
If you watch his interviews he’s really nervous and awkward. He’s the total opposite of the rock, it’s kinda surprising since he’s a actor

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I didn't know Jason from True Blood was Australian. I've only ever heard him speak Southern American.

First time I heard Bob Hoskins real accent shyt blew my mind
you could hear the british creep in sometimes in WFRR though
Same. Saw him in pacific rim thinking he was American, then saw him in green street. Completely confused me.
can i just ask are you american?:why: cuz I'm not and even I could tell not only does he slip from time to time but his american isnt from any region so in no way authentic

Mel Gibson.

Also Chadwick Bowsman. I thought for sure he had a British accent but he's just an American
:russ:

Last edited:

Clive42

All Star
Daps
can i just ask are you american?:why: cuz I'm not and even I could tell not only does he slip from time to time but his american isnt from any region so in no way authentic

Nah im not american. Well Charlie Hunman's acting ended up being the last thing i was interested in while watching pacific rim.

And to the 2nd point, I guess you're just better at picking up accents and where they're from, cos it was just an 'american' accent as far as i paid attention to.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Christian Bale's welsh accent will never feel normal to me.
At this point i doubt it feels normal to him either

Ps I feel the same about gillian anderson, everytime she speaks with a british accent it sounds like shes putting it on extra thick as if to say 'u thought I was american huh nah thats just my range'. But shes been in America since 92-93 so she should really sound more like a finola hughes not helen mirren

Last edited:

Peak

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
At this point i doubt it feels normal to him either

Ps I feel the same about gillian anderson, everytime she speaks with a british accent it sounds like shes putting it on extra thick as if to say 'u thought I was american huh nah thats just my range'. But shes been in America since 92-93 so she should really sound more like a finola hughes not helen mirren
Not necessarily true. Accents don't really leave you unless you are making concerted efforts to assimilate into that culture.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Not necessarily true. Accents don't really leave you unless you are making concerted efforts to assimilate into that culture.
Breh shes been doing an american accent since 92 (which is when she was 24) and mainly residing there also. So this aint a micheal caine /arnold schwarzenagger scenario, in the very least her accent should be watered down to sound transatlantic but she sounds as posh as an baroness, its put on

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Not really actors but i always assumed

Gavin rosedale was american and billie joe armstrong was british due to their singing accents

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
Breh shes been doing an american accent since 92 (which is when she was 24) and mainly residing there also. So this aint a micheal caine /arnold schwarzenagger scenario, in the very least her accent should be watered down to sound transatlantic but she sounds as posh as an baroness, its put on
Youd be suPrised how long they can stay around. I can tell if someone is from nyc from accent alone and half the time the people i talk to havent even been there since children; were talking leaving nyc for decades but atill having that accent. It dissipates but extended period BACK in their “homes” it comes right back. Seen this happen with lots of people including myself.

Niggthaniel Essex

13th Floor/Growing Old
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
First time I heard of Idris Elba was from The Wire.

When I heard dude speak naturally, that shyt threw me! Not only did he have the American accent down, he had the mid Atlantic/Baltimore dialect down too.