Films where you first saw an actor known for doing a certain accent speaking in their native accent

Clive42

All Star
Daps
Saw the movie Everest on tv and noticed the actor Jason Clarke was speaking with an Australian/New Zealand accent. Looked it up and found out hes actually Australian, when I only knew him for Terminator 5, White House Down, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and the tv show Brotherhood, all with him doing an American accent.

Even when i first watched The Wire, i had seen part of Luther before (with a London accent) and didnt even realise Stringer was the same person.

So What films/tv shows have you seen that has an actor you know randomly speaking a different accent to what you usually see them do, only to find out that this is their original accent and they were doing a different accent the whole time?

mr x

Superstar
Daps
Saw Stephen Graham in Boardwalk Empire before I saw him in This is England.

Clive42

All Star
Daps
I didn't know Jason from True Blood was Australian. I've only ever heard him speak Southern American.

First time I heard Bob Hoskins real accent shyt blew my mind

Ironically I just watched the first half of the long good friday couple of days ago where hes the main character, with his native accent.

What films has he starred in trying different accents?

Clive42

All Star
Daps
Jackson from sons of anarchy

Same. Saw him in pacific rim thinking he was American, then saw him in green street. Completely confused me.

Bare in mind hes from newcastle though and his cockney accent he puts on is a joke.

Clive42

All Star
Daps
Saw Stephen Graham in Boardwalk Empire before I saw him in This is England.

Yeah I saw Boardwalk Empire. Took me a while to realise it was the same guy from snatch.

cedd51fc7da15ce554179e359b37c507.jpg

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mel Gibson.

Also Chadwick Bowsman. I thought for sure he had a British accent but he's just an American

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
Christain Bale and Charlie Hunnam(Jax tellar) both threw me off when i heard them talk in their native accent.