Filmmakers Simulated or Unsimulated Sex Scenes For Your Film

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Ive directed a few sex scenes in my films/work and they were always simulated, cant really imagine the necessity of unsimulated because that would just mean my actors cant act :yeshrug:
Cool. What was that like?

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
I'm a first time director and have a few projects in pre production. I had to film a scene where a photographer was being creepy to a model and they was pretty aukward for me but I didn't know the actors at the time. I can only imagine how aukward a sex scene would be to film lol.

CodeBlaMeVi

Supporter
Daps
He got blackballed in Hollywood for that
Damn! The sex scenes have to make sense. I love sex and find it natural but it's a film! The screenplay I am writing has one full nudity act when the female lead gets out of bed after having sex earlier and puts on her robe hung up. It makes sense and is natural.

Blackballed! Damn!

chosenaledge13

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Adamsville/ATL
Cool. What was that like?

Its really cool, people really underestimate the professionalism/ability for actors to separate their characters from themselves. For them to be in a heated intimate moment, then be able to come out of it when I say cut and we all discuss what they should adjust is always really impressive to me. Its way more formulaic than you would think...

CodeBlaMeVi

Supporter
Daps
Its really cool, people really underestimate the professionalism/ability for actors to separate their characters from themselves. For them to be in a heated intimate moment, then be able to come out of it when I say cut and we all discuss what they should adjust is always really impressive to me. Its way more formulaic than you would think...
I look forward to it. Definitely have to have a temperament for it. Also, allowing yourself to be used as art whatever one deems comfortable.