Film Room's Top 10 Movies of 2017 - we have a winner!

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
Coming from someone who has fukking Foxcatcher as one of their top films the past few years.

Looking back I'm very partial to 2014 as a year and our list. (though selma is overrated :mjpls: )

shyt we almost had Lion make the top 10 last year and y'all wanna clown me for enjoying this year's list? :laff:

Only thing about Foxcatcher that isn't great is Steve Carell. If Stanley Tucci, William Fichtner or Ralph Fiennes etc had been cast in that role it might have a shot at my all time top 10. Mark Ruffalo performance in Foxcatcher is the best performance in the 21st century.

Lion has problems with pacing/editing but is the best tearjerker in years.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Only thing about Foxcatcher that isn't great is Steve Carell. If Stanley Tucci, William Fichtner or Ralph Fiennes etc had been cast in that role it might have a shot at my all time top 10. Mark Ruffalo performance in Foxcatcher is the best performance in the 21st century.

Lion has problems with pacing/editing but is the best tearjerker in years.
Paddington 2 garnered more of an emotional response from me

ManxOfxThexYear

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My muthafukkin self
@Hugs @The Most Hated Ese what was it about the bad batch that made you guys put it in your top 10's?Just curious. Not hating.

Just watched it and I didn't particularly care for it. :jbhmm:

It’s different. I just liked the story and the world itself. It’s not a movie that should deserve a Oscar but it’s good enough to watch a few times and zone out and enjoy.

:yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, the 305
:scust:

Logan and Dunkirk have no business of even being in a top 30 of this year.
I hope this isn’t a troll statement. Ppl who can’t acknowledge or appreciate what Logan was as a legit step forward in the superhero film world I just dunno what you’re looking for in a movie. I still don’t like calling it that bc it feels cheap. It was a strong action western drama with a lot of stirring emotions and Patrick Stewart acted incredibly in his role. Should have been supporting nominated. It might surpass DARK knight one day for me. I loved it.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I hope this isn’t a troll statement. Ppl who can’t acknowledge or appreciate what Logan was as a legit step forward in the superhero film world I just dunno what you’re looking for in a movie. I still don’t like calling it that bc it feels cheap. It was a strong action western drama with a lot of stirring emotions and Patrick Stewart acted incredibly in his role. Should have been supporting nominated. It might surpass DARK knight one day for me. I loved it.
I sincerely hope this is a troll statement. Logan was a generic run-of-the-mill superhero movie with some great acting and that's it. It is overrated as fukk for its angle/approach because people so desperately want their superhero movies to be recognized as "serious" cinema that they will put any superhero movie that steps even the tiniest bit out of the box on some high pedestal.

There's not a line of dialogue worth remembering in the entire movie, and outside of its three mains all other characters are utterly forgettable and interchangeable. It's a mediocre piece of filmmaking praised for not being a typical blockbuster, the lowest form of praise possible.

Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, the 305
I sincerely hope this is a troll statement. Logan was a generic run-of-the-mill superhero movie with some great acting and that's it. It is overrated as fukk for its angle/approach because people so desperately want their superhero movies to be recognized as "serious" cinema that they will put any superhero movie that steps even the tiniest bit out of the box on some high pedestal.

There's not a line of dialogue worth remembering in the entire movie, and outside of its three mains all other characters are utterly forgettable and interchangeable. It's a mediocre piece of filmmaking praised for not being a typical blockbuster, the lowest form of praise possible.
Agree to disagree dude
I don’t want my quote/unquote “superhero” movies to take the form of geneneric cookie cutter cartoon comedy cgi overdose like what we been getting basically every time. Logan was a step in the proper direction. If u feel differently than suffice to say that’s your feeling. I absolutely loved it as did most who saw it. Including critics. Not that that’s the end all be all I’ll admit.