FFXIV completely sells out on digital storefront as new player base continues to skyrocket

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Update- FFXIV is experiencing a 160-180% increase in Endwalker pre-orders compared to Shadowbingers; multi-million server upgrade investment planned

unknown.png

unknown.png

Come clique up! Before the servers get full

———————-

I don’t actively play it as I’m scared of getting sucked backed into the time sink of MMORPG life but as a retired Final Fantasy XI player its wild to see the popularity of where the franchise is at today. We used to get laughed at by WoW players back in the day and they saw FF online as a joke.

Steam is only a small sample of FF14 players (you can play on PC outside Steam, and there is also console) but it has reached its highest concurrent player count today, this is bigger than the actual launch of Shadowbringers. 41k for ShB's launch vs 47k right now. This is insane especially considering Endwalker's launch is 5 months away, whereas this would have been the moment Endwalker would have released.

Some of it has been attributed by a lot of prominent wow streamers (apparently disgruntled with wow's current state) suddenly jumping into FF14. Some of it also has been attributed with the expanded free trial, memes and sales finally taking a hold of players seeking something new. Either way, it is really nice to see

Screenshot_2021-07-04_at_23-22-34_FINAL_FANTASY_XIV_Online_-_Steam_Charts.png

Blizzard reveals loss of 2 million players in latest financial report, down 29 percent in last 3 years | Dot Esports

Why World of Warcraft Needs to Become Free-to-Play to Survive and Grow

cf344aa15980982277b48e492018883c4262c70a.gifv

Last edited:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
The biggest WoW player on Twitch jumping ship FFXIV probably helped.

Yep, Asmongold trolling with FF14 making folks cop instantly:mjlol:. I used to be a addict to FF14 but I just fell out of the passion for it. It was truly a amazing experience of a MMO compared to WOW where it's just what it is.

Now there's going to be a civil war between the WOW toxic fukks and the pessimistic gatekeepers of FF14:francis:

It's going to get ugly brehs...

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Ffxiv been better. Wow been :flabbynsick: ever since cataclysm:manny: wotlk was the goat expansion and is the only one I play on private servers

I tried getting back earlier this year with Shadowlands but breh...the game became a mobile game from the timed activities to the overall presentation. Once I beat the main campaign, I was done:yeshrug:

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D
I tried getting back earlier this year with Shadowlands but breh...the game became a mobile game from the timed activities to the overall presentation. Once I beat the main campaign, I was done:yeshrug:
It felt like a mobile game back in warlords of draenor with the base building:scust: that’s when I put wow down for good

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This was the only MMO I could really stick with, went from launch all the way to Stormblood and was played during console game dry spells,

I factor the FF lore, music, enemies & locations for enjoying it the way I did, if you like MMO’s & FF there’s literally no reason why you shouldn’t play it, it does a lot of things better than most mmo’s too, All classes on 1 character/easy switching..guaranteed quest item drops from enemies ect ect

Last edited: