FFX was a mid game to me. But the mt. Gagazet theme is one of the greatest videogame songs of all time.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yeah it is the last great FF game. Series has been on a steep decline since then. Not surprised OP liked 12 (which sucked)

12 is the best post PSX final fantasy game though 🤔

Its also the only truly open world single player FF game. :ehh:

Stop hitting the shenanigans and go cop the Zodiac Age :ufdup:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
FFXII is a top 3 FF game. I'm prepared to die on this hill.

Yep, and I’m gonna say it….people don’t put it on the same level as the other ones because it’s not filled with anime tropes. :manny:

Westernized story, open world, no big crazy weapons, no angsty protagonist, no obviously evil villain that you fight multiple times, no forced romantic sub plots, it’s a straight up political war drama.

Its also why final fantasy tactics is good and why 16 is gonna be good.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Random battles were OD in 10.

Bless this company for making 8, Goat FF.

I liked 6 but it was way too easy.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The song perfectly captures the character it was made for. Someone with a heavy burden that was unfairly placed on him. A person motivated by something even stronger than his will to survive. Its impossible for me to hear this and not feel anything.

:wow:

You hear his whole life in that song. From his depressing beginnings to his hopeful future. Masterpiece.

Rep

One of the top FF songs to ever drop in the series. Heavily slept on

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Yeah it is the last great FF game. Series has been on a steep decline since then. Not surprised OP liked 12 (which sucked)
I have my reasons for not liking 10.

I didn't like that they took away letting all your characters have summons.

I didn't like the leveling system.

I didn't like the designs of tidus, rikku,lulu, Seymour, or really even most of them if I'm being honest. Tidus has one of the worst fits in series history.

The dialogue was very awkwardly written. Maybe it was always bad, but hearing them actually have to say that shyt was embarrassing even to me as a 12 year old.

The limit breaks were unimpressive.

The game had no humor, or more accurately all the attempts at humor fell terribly flat.

12 felt like a step back in the directions that made me like the games while evolving the formula. Mist combos were fun, letting you customize your characters so they weren't restricted to one weapon was a risk that paid off. The voice acting sounded like it was done by professionals. I liked the different summons. The dungeons were more fun, and became addictive as you tried to get better and better loot by keeping your steak of W's going. The towns felt more alive. Each character felt unique and like they could each carry their own spin off game. I enjoyed playing from the point of view of the different characters to learn them more. Its not a mainstream opinion to dislike X and that's partly why I feel comfortable saying it just didn't grab me the same way as it apparently got others.

Flexington

All Star
Daps
FFXII is a top 3 FF game. I'm prepared to die on this hill.

I'll admit, I was hating on it when it came out since they kept showcasing Vaan's zest on all the promo :picard:

Then I played it (shouts out to swap magic) and once I got far enough to fight a T-rex in the desert I knew the game was underappreciated.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I have my reasons for not liking 10.

I didn't like that they took away letting all your characters have summons.

I didn't like the leveling system.

I didn't like the designs of tidus, rikku,lulu, Seymour, or really even most of them if I'm being honest. Tidus has one of the worst fits in series history.

The dialogue was very awkwardly written. Maybe it was always bad, but hearing them actually have to say that shyt was embarrassing even to me as a 12 year old.

The limit breaks were unimpressive.

The game had no humor, or more accurately all the attempts at humor fell terribly flat.

12 felt like a step back in the directions that made me like the games while evolving the formula. Mist combos were fun, letting you customize your characters so they weren't restricted to one weapon was a risk that paid off. The voice acting sounded like it was done by professionals. I liked the different summons. The dungeons were more fun, and became addictive as you tried to get better and better loot by keeping your steak of W's going. The towns felt more alive. Each character felt unique and like they could each carry their own spin off game. I enjoyed playing from the point of view of the different characters to learn them more. Its not a mainstream opinion to dislike X and that's partly why I feel comfortable saying it just didn't grab me the same way as it apparently got others.

X is a game that I loved when I first played it, but as time went on I realized it's kinda mid but had a pretty coat of paint on it at the time. XII is a game that has grown into being a lot more well received because XII high key is one of the most influential games to ever get released. As far as gameplay is concerned it has aged far better than most of the other games in the series because it laid the blueprint for what a lot of these open world RPGs are doing now a days.