FFVll Fans: Was Barrett c00ning?

TruStyle

All Star
Daps
Barrett da gawd
:wow:

Only time I didnt use him was when he was stuck with a melee weapon like atomic scissors.
:to:

Them starting me was a hard team to shake off tifa cloud and barrett's.
:myman:

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Barrett da gawd
:wow:

Only time I didnt use him was when he was stuck with a melee weapon like atomic scissors.
:to:

Them starting me was a hard team to shake off tifa cloud and barrett's.
:myman:
yeah from a gameplay standpoint barrett is a powerhouse:whew: him and tifa:shaq: because I like characters who are hand to hand fighter:ohlawd: and cid :smugbiden:were always in my party.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol:Barret was inspired by Mr. T. He is definitely black. This has already been official confirmed.

:mjlol:The English translation doesn't change hardly anything dialogue wise. I have the Japanese version of the PS1 game till this day.

:mjlol:Anyone saying he's not black is retarded. If anything, they made him less black in the remake but he's clearly being voiced by a black male for a reason. Why the fukk would Asians hire a black guy to voice a non-black guy? Asians hate blacks, they not hiring a black male to do a VO for no reason.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Ok, I just found out that Barrett was directly inspired by Mr. T. That explains alot and i no longer think it's c00ning.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
Was he a black stereotype? Yes.

Did he have an epic backstory? Also yes.

Though I prefer every black character in Anime/games be a stereotype of Blade instead of Mister T. Also, braids/afro's don't make you black. Apparently Japanese game developers have never heard of biracial/south African folk.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Was he a black stereotype? Yes.

Did he have an epic backstory? Also yes.

Though I prefer every black character in Anime/games be a stereotype of Blade instead of Mister T. Also, braids/afro's don't make you black. Apparently Japanese game developers have never heard of biracial/south African folk.
well thats random :skip:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
That's a high top fade

:hhh:
Besides the fact that this is a video game not real life. They been fukking up black poeple hair for decades in animation. Even on NBA 2k20 you got black folks hair not looking accurate.
maxresdefault.jpg

BulletProof

Just a B@stard Living in a Suit
Daps
Reppin
Neck ties and boxing gloves.
Japanese culture was most exposed, at the time, to black culture in gangsta rap.

The fukk did you expect?

A few years later you got FF13 with a beta male with a bird in his afro like Kanye.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Japanese culture was most exposed, at the time, to black culture in gangsta rap.

The fukk did you expect?

A few years later you got FF13 with a beta male with a bird in his afro like Kanye.
Before gangsta rap there was the whole "Soul" culture and of course big figures like Mr. T, Mike Tyson etc.

Barret is based on those dudes not necessarily gangsta rap tropes.

On topic:
He's fukking dope.
:blessed:
Barrett :wow: One of the best videogame characters out there :wow:
:salute: