Fez is probably the best game I've played in several years

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Anything

P4G doesn't count either.

LOL, why does it not count? If anything, i'll give you it not counting just cuz it's essentially a redux of a game that came out outside of that 5 year window. And as a challenge for myself, I'll even try to keep it as indie as possible, lol!

Mark of the Ninja
Guacamelee
Hotline Miami
Velocity
Spelunky
Tales: Mutant Blob from Space
Resogun
Outland
Transistor
Child of Light

That's primarily just indie titles and titles that were about or more equally polished, inventive and not even needing to go the now cliche'd 1984 gfx retro route to do it (sans Hotline Miami, which could be subbed for Trine 2 below anywayz).

10 that are not indie status but also better IMO

LittleBigPlanet 2
Darks Souls 2
The Last of Us
Uncharted 2 (right on the edge of 5 years with an October '09 release, hehe)
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Batman: Arkham City
Rayman Legends
Trine 2
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma
GTAV
Assassin's Creed IV

I see you said earlier that a game like Dark Souls 2 isn't accessible to everyone, but shyt, neither is a niche retro game like Fez though, lol! That can be said about most games that aren't in the main 3 playable category of popular games and even those games aren't for everyone still. I threw the last two on there just for big game popularity sakes in counter of that "accessiblity" statement (tho I have owned and played them quite deeply enough), but they about just as valid nonethless when it all comes down to it, both in fun-factor and my opinion of such.

Last edited:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
LOL, why does it not count? If anything, i'll give you it not counting just cuz it's essentially a redux of a game that came out outside of that 5 year window. And as a challenge for myself, I'll even try to keep it as indie as possible, lol!

Mark of the Ninja
Guacamelee

Hotline Miami
Velocity
Spelunky
Resogun
Outland
Transistor

Child of Light

That's primarily just indie titles and titles that were about or more equally polished, inventive and not even needing to go the 1984 graphics right to do it.

LittleBigPlanet 2
Darks Souls 2

The Last of Us
Trine 2
GTAV
Assassin's Creed IV

I see you said earlier that a game like Dark Souls 2 isn't accessible to everyone, but shyt, neither is a niche retro game like Fez though, lol! That can be said about most games that aren't in the main 3 playable category of popular games and even those games aren't for everyone still. I thru the last two on there just for big game popularity sakes in counter of that "accessiblity" statement, but they about just as valid nonethless when it all comes down to it, both in fun-factor and my opinion of such.
I seem to have gotten a rise out of you, but you have two pretty solid lists. I don't agree with the bolded ones, but pretty solid overall :obama:

It almost feels like you are throwing emotion into this...Fez does not belong on those lists at all? Come on breh...its one of the most original games to come out in a very long time.

I haven't played child of light yet

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I seem to have gotten a rise out of you, but you have two pretty solid lists. I don't agree with the bolded ones, but pretty solid overall :obama:

It almost feels like you are throwing emotion into this...Fez does not belong on those lists at all? Come on breh...its one of the most original games to come out in a very long time.

I haven't played child of light yet

Nah, no emotion at all actually, lol (it's not like I named called your or even shytted on your opinion too tough really). I did say I agree with Fez being a great game. I just don't outright seeing it being stated the best in 5 years type of level. I did (and still do) believe if you or anyone else believes that part though that ya'll probably need to play more games. You have shown to be quite selective over the years with your gaming taste (and still to a degree here, lol). I give it to you though, you said "that you played/in your opinion", rather than try to state it was factual or something.

It's a dope ass game though and I probably not outright contest someone having it as one of their favs for the year or something. It may be on mine, at least in puzzle/platform genre.

OH yeah, also regarding its originality. Though not outright the same, I think Sega's PSP game Cube (I think that was the name) had a somewhat similar concept as well, though it was 2d to 3d switching.

Last edited:

Kodie

Pro
Daps
@Liquid @Khalil_4real Fez is not in my tops either and I'm a fan of Phil Fish riling people up, plus I love Indie Game The Movie. I just don't care for Fez all THAT much.

BasedPrime

Xbox Woe
Daps

Mark of the Ninja
Guacamelee
Hotline Miami
Velocity
Spelunky
Resogun
Outland
Transistor
Child of Light

That's primarily just indie titles and titles that were about or more equally polished, inventive and not even needing to go the now cliche'd 1984 gfx retro route to do it (sans Hotline Miami, which could be subbed for Trine 2 below anywayz).

LittleBigPlanet 2
Darks Souls 2
The Last of Us
Rayman Legends
Trine 2
GTAV
Assassin's Creed IV

I see you said earlier that a game like Dark Souls 2 isn't accessible to everyone, but shyt, neither is a niche retro game like Fez though, lol! That can be said about most games that aren't in the main 3 playable category of popular games and even those games aren't for everyone still. I threw the last two on there just for big game popularity sakes in counter of that "accessiblity" statement (tho I have owned and played them quite deeply enough), but they about just as valid nonethless when it all comes down to it, both in fun-factor and my opinion of such.

You got some good taste there :myman:

But LBP man :scusthov:

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
You got some good taste there :myman:

But LBP man :scusthov:

I can get cats not feeling LPB's "floatness" but it's stille one of the top 3 games of the gen for me last gen for all that was put into it. And 3 looks to have alleviated the floatiness altogether along with adding even more game-play types. Day 1 for me.

And thanks for the previous comment I suppose.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
I can get cats not feeling LPB's "floatness" but it's stille one of the top 3 games of the gen for me last gen for all that was put into it. And 3 looks to have alleviated the floatiness altogether along with adding even more game-play types. Day 1 for me.

And thanks for the previous comment I suppose.

the lbp games were dope af to me :manny:

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I loved it, but Im a big fan of old-school open-ended platformers. The game completely eliminates stress, as theres no penalty for death, and no real rush to do anything but take in the visuals, the atmosphere and soundtrack...which are top-notch.

My only issues were that OG version on XBLA having glitches (game froze and crashed a few times), and the map system being confusing as hell.

Phil Fish reminds me of a lot of eccentric, passionate artist(e) types that I know. They need to stay away from microphones, interviewers and social media cause theyre gonna come off as pricks, even though they mean well. Just be quiet and create. Dude put blood, sweat and tears into this game and delivered. He should just STFU tho cause so many judged the game without ever playing it, which is stupid

Last edited: