• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
She's not too pretty to be an engineer.
When 22-year-old software engineer Isis Anchalee Wenger appeared in an ad for her San-Francisco based company, OneLogin, there was just one problem. People didn't believe she was 'real.'
Wenger, who has long dark tresses, big brown eyes and slightly resembles Madonna's daughter, Lourdes Leon, is a self-taught full-stack engineer who calls herself a 'genuine introvert' and 'science nerd.'
But when she appeared on a OneLogin ad that was plastered at the BART and MUNI stations at Embarcadero in San Francisco, the backlash began.
One person wrote about the ad on Facebook: 'This is some weird haphazard branding. I think they want to appeal to women, but are probably just appealing to dudes.
Perhaps that’s the intention all along. But I’m curious [if] people with brains find this quote remotely plausible [and] if women in particular buy this image of what a female software engineer looks like.'
Only that was what a female software engineer looked like, because Wenger is a real software engineer.
Another person thought she appeared too 'sexy,' writing: 'If their intention is to attract more women then it would have been a better to choose a picture with a warm, friendly smile rather than a sexy smirk.'

Female software engineer slammed for being 'too pretty' fights back

2B25E87000000578-3187011-image-a-1_1438868115782.jpg

2B25E87C00000578-3187011-image-a-2_1438868123312.jpg

I know a lot of dudes here on the Coli are steaming mad at women who think they are hotter than they really are and treat men poorly because they don't meet their high standards. It's like she's not ugly, but I've seen hotter women in IT. She's like whatev's :manny:

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
She's not too pretty to be an engineer.
When 22-year-old software engineer Isis Anchalee Wenger appeared in an ad for her San-Francisco based company, OneLogin, there was just one problem. People didn't believe she was 'real.'
Wenger, who has long dark tresses, big brown eyes and slightly resembles Madonna's daughter, Lourdes Leon, is a self-taught full-stack engineer who calls herself a 'genuine introvert' and 'science nerd.'
But when she appeared on a OneLogin ad that was plastered at the BART and MUNI stations at Embarcadero in San Francisco, the backlash began.
One person wrote about the ad on Facebook: 'This is some weird haphazard branding. I think they want to appeal to women, but are probably just appealing to dudes.
Perhaps that’s the intention all along. But I’m curious [if] people with brains find this quote remotely plausible [and] if women in particular buy this image of what a female software engineer looks like.'
Only that was what a female software engineer looked like, because Wenger is a real software engineer.
Another person thought she appeared too 'sexy,' writing: 'If their intention is to attract more women then it would have been a better to choose a picture with a warm, friendly smile rather than a sexy smirk.'

Female software engineer slammed for being 'too pretty' fights back

2B25E87000000578-3187011-image-a-1_1438868115782.jpg

2B25E87C00000578-3187011-image-a-2_1438868123312.jpg

I know a lot of dudes here on the Coli are steaming mad at women who think they are hotter than they really are and treat men poorly because they don't meet their high standards. It's like she's not ugly, but I've seen hotter women in IT. She's like whatev's :manny:
To be fair it didn't say she's the hottest and if she is one of the baddest and or if this isn't the norm looks wise from women in the field then doesn't the article makes sense? You just wanted to post her pic I see you. Lol

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
To be fair it didn't say she's the hottest and if she is one of the baddest and or if this isn't the norm looks wise from women in the field then doesn't the article makes sense? You just wanted to post her pic I see you. Lol
I think most people stereotype female software engineers as homely looking.
I voted 5, but she's more like a 7... :manny: ... and she could definitely fit in immediately in a Evasive Angels video.

SemiEnlightenedBum

The Project's Manly P Hall
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
I'm Hard Like D-Block Readin The Book Of Enoch...
everyone in this new generation tries to be revolutionary/different for the sake of it,yet no one gives a fukk about,nor want to be revolutionary about our real problems,Illuminpoly/Corporations raping the nation,a burgeoning police state,racism,tribalism,and colonialism still running strong as ever,and these lil humanoids are complaining about good looks..:what::pacspit:

no one's happy,but everyone wants to pretend there's a contest for being happy and pretend to,someone should Qualude this dipshyt and tie her to the BART tracks and ask her how she feels about her looks then whilst the tracks rattle with the inevitable hum of the next train..