Fellas How's your life been having tatts vs. not havin tatts?

Wig Twistin Season

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
:mjlol: Read this like a line of a teen drama

Boomers and their rules…

IMG-8279.gif

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
I was in the process of becoming a NY state trooper , passed the exam and all.
But by the time they contacted me (like 3 years) for the next step , I got visible tattoos which wasn't allowed. I went
to college instead , better decision.

I also have a Hannya mask on one of my forearms , so whenever I go to a religious spot , people think I have the devil instead.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Tattoos, short of face/neck tats have been standard for at least the last 10 years in most places of employment.

Hasn't made a bit of difference for me in middle management. My boss, who's an EVP; she's probably even more tatted than me.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I get compliments during the summer or at the gym or on vacation if I'm wearing sleeveless tops.

Otherwise it hasn't affected my life in any way, although my tats don't really show at work since I don't have anything below the elbow or above my collarbone.

Kinda want some new ink now but if I get it I can't exercise/sweat heavy for like 2-3 weeks as a precaution from skin infection, so I have to plan my next one carefully.

RealCrownHeights

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
Skyrocketed my 🐱 percentage, or at least the one's I've been with have mentioned it as something they like. Conversation starter to with random people or prompting people to tell me they plan to get one done etc.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I got 7 tattoos over the past two months and I love them :blessed:

It’s addicting though so beware 😂