Fellas: any of y'all had to fight your mamas boyfriend/step pops

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
I was watchin Baby Boy earlier and this scene made me think about this situation. What would you do if you knew your moms was datin a dude that went upside her head or had a history of beating women? Have any of y'all had to step in to protect your moms? Did you get your azz whooped by the dude? Speak on it brehs :myman:

#TPC

Last edited by a moderator:

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Hasn't happened in real life because my parents are married and my dad hasn't put his hands on my mom.

Can't really say exactly how I'd react in real life until it happened, but it wouldn't be a very happy outcome for the 'step-boyfriend'/man.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
My mother and father were having an argument one time when I was 14 and my mother straight up told my dad "fukk YOU!!" and my father got mad as shyt and pushed her down. me and my sister intervened but it didn't go any further than that

jfkennedy

Best After Bobby
Daps
Fought my stepfather once when I was in hs. He thought I was in his shyt, but at the time I probably had more valuable shyt than him lmao. It was all gravy (he was just yelling) until he said some slick shyt to my mom and I snapped.

Dude had probably 100 lbs. and 4 inches on me at the time. At one point he had me in a chokehold in the kitchen downstairs ... got out of that, got to my room and grabbed a bat. I was a starting OF so I was handy with it too. Hit him in the back of the thigh like 4 times (wapwapwapwap). I don't even remember what happened after that except me eventually going to school, telling my nikkas on the bus what happened, and them being on some straight goon, "lets ride on this nikka," shyt. :birdman:

Came home and had my door locked after I got in, still fuming. There was something in my bookbag and I'm glad he didn't approach me that evening because who knows what would've happened, and I'm not even an angry person like that. Just bringing my mom into it made me react.

its_normal

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah but when my stepdad who'd been there since I was 4 left, I made it clear that another man was not walking through that door while I lived there.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The world has changed player,

You can't protect any adult who is in an abusive relationship, and they don't want to leave...

If I am ever in such a situation my advice to the abuse will be...

1) Wait until they at a party or work, and then leave the house without notice...

2) File battery charges at your local police station...

3) Get a restraining order...

If you do all this and the abusive persists, then I am definitely will be begin plotting an assassination...

I will do it quietly...

If you chose to remain in that relationship, then in my opinion, that's just the type of life you need, and it's not my responsibility to care about the choice you make for yourself, if they have zero direct impact on my own existence...

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
The world has changed player,

You can't protect any adult who is in an abusive relationship, and they don't want to leave...

If I am ever in such a situation my advice to the abuse will be...

1) Wait until they at a party or work, and then leave the house without notice...

2) File battery charges at your local police station...

3) Get a restraining order...

If you do all this and the abusive persists, then I am definitely will be begin plotting an assassination...

I will do it quietly...

If you chose to remain in that relationship, then in my opinion, that's just the type of life you need, and it's not my responsibility to care about the choice you make for yourself, if they have zero direct impact on my own existence...

;why:

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
If you're parents are "happily married" , then get the fukk out of this thread :pacspit:

I might have to. My mom has dated since my dad passed 15 yrs ago and my sister has never warned me about some guy she was seeing until now. Maybe nothing, but I really hate it when my sister/mom avoid guys they're seeing from me. My mom just started doing this :beli:

Just keep my mom's happy. I'm never calling him pops though.

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
If you're parents are "happily married" , then get the fukk out of this thread :pacspit:

I might have to. My mom has dated since my dad passed 15 yrs ago and my sister has never warned me about some guy she was seeing until now. Maybe nothing, but I really hate it when my sister/mom avoid guys they're seeing from me. My mom just started doing this :beli:

Just keep my mom's happy. I'm never calling him pops though.

When did she start dating after the passing?

What did he pass of?

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
When did she start dating after the passing?

What did he pass of?

Brain Anurysm back in '98

She started dating again in 2000 .

Mama's gotta have a life too. She's not someone who needs someone to take care of her though. She has her own and no one is going to come in and take that. (Already in a will in me and my sister's name)

But she says she wants to get married again someday :lupe:

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
Brain Anurysm back in '98

She started dating again in 2000 .

Mama's gotta have a life too. She's not someone who needs someone to take care of her though. She has her own and no one is going to come in and take that. (Already in a will in me and my sister's name)

But she says she wants to get married again someday :lupe:

Where there any symptoms? Did he leave a will/life insurance?

If he treated her right, even after all those dudes, she wont forget him.

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
Where there any symptoms? Did he leave a will/life insurance?

If he treated her right, even after all those dudes, she wont forget him.

It was mostly from poor dieting. Had open heart surgery three years before it happened. My dad prepared the family before he passed structurally and financially before he died though. Yes, a will was made prior to his death and she made another will regarding her assets for me and my sister along with her god daughter.

She'll never forget him though. My mother is a sociable person so she needs to go out again. Hopefully, its not at a cost.