"You know what you got to do son"

52052.jpg
Why can't a nikka have his cake and eat it too:to:

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anyone ever felt like they were trapped in a relationship? My boy is miserable with his girlfriend and they constantly argue over little shyt, but he won't end it even though I can tell he wants to.

She's really sensitive but he does push her buttons sometimes. He has toned his jokes down though, and he avoids certain topics, but they still get into it. He doesn't want to become one of those neutered men who just bows their head in order to avoid confrontation with their girlfriend.

They're both 23. No marriage, no kids. Been dating for a little over a year. It should be a clean break but he is hesitating to pull the trigger. He's either afraid of being the bad guy or afraid of hurting someone. At least that's all I can think of.

He's black, she's white. She was talking about marriage during a party the other night with her friends and my dude stood there like :patrice:

sounds like she is constantly looking for conflict. this is controlling behavior and she won't be satisfied until he becomes one of those neutered men who just bow their heads. he should throw her in the bushes. i've been there and you can't work it out.

AZBeauty

Stop lyin' nicca.
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Il
Happiness > supposed quality of woman, regardless of what she brings to the table.

You only live once. It makes no sense to go through it unhappily.

I say this all the time. If you're unhappy, regardless of what the other person brings to the table its best to just leave. Yeah you might end up in a equally worse relationship next go around or you might find the love of your life..but you'll never know if you dont let go of the unhealthy relationship you are currently in.

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
i'm in a terrible relationship for the first time in my life and it's driven me to do all sorts of shyt outside of my character.
I got two girlfriends...I hate both them bytches:smugfavre:

I can't leave either one god knows I've tried:damn:
Provide details, brehs. Let it out.
sounds like she is constantly looking for conflict. this is controlling behavior and she won't be satisfied until he becomes one of those neutered men who just bow their heads. he should throw her in the bushes. i've been there and you can't work it out.
Yeah she regularly gets into it with her parents and friends, in addition to arguing with my dude. I'm terrified of seeing him end up as one of those guys. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

I dont get it... either you want to dump her or you dont... if yoi cant make a decision you are a bytch

Trapped by what?
That's the thing: he only feels trapped. They're not married or living together, and they don't have any kids. His mind is what's trapping him.

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Provide details, brehs. Let it out.

Yeah she regularly gets into it with her parents and friends, in addition to arguing with my dude. I'm terrified of seeing him end up as one of those guys. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

That's the thing: he only feels trapped. They're not married or living together, and they don't have any kids. His mind is what's trapping him.

Well i guess than it is time for him to grow some balls.

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
lol, That nikka ain't trapped if not kids or marriage is invovled. I don't get whats keeping him around unless its a shortage of dope females in the area. Especially a white chick :pachaha:, I could NEVER deal with a white girl with a funky attitude and thats over senstive

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Anyone ever felt like they were trapped in a relationship? My boy is miserable with his girlfriend and they constantly argue over little shyt, but he won't end it even though I can tell he wants to.

She's really sensitive but he does push her buttons sometimes. He has toned his jokes down though, and he avoids certain topics, but they still get into it. He doesn't want to become one of those neutered men who just bows their head in order to avoid confrontation with their girlfriend.

They're both 23. No marriage, no kids. Been dating for a little over a year. It should be a clean break but he is hesitating to pull the trigger. He's either afraid of being the bad guy or afraid of hurting someone. At least that's all I can think of.

He's black, she's white. She was talking about marriage during a party the other night with her friends and my dude stood there like :patrice:
Your friend sounds weak as a man.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
So yeah the 29 year old version of me came in the thread like :wtf: "Just tell your homie to leave her and grow some balls."

But then I did some reflecting...

the 25 year old me, sitting there conflicted in a 5 year relationship would've completely understood.

Your homie is going to have to understand that if you're gonna be the bad guy, might as well get that shyt over with. She's not gonna feel any better if he waits to do it two years down the line.

Also he has to understand that he may be alone for a bit and that it sucks. and admit to himself that he has developed some codependency.

The funniest shyt about relationships is that we all sit here and complain but truth be told the other person is bringing SOMETHING to the table we all enjoy. Yeah maybe the chick is super sensitive, but you enjoy the fact that she takes care of you when you're sick.