Feeling Trapped in a Relationship

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Anyone ever felt like they were trapped in a relationship? My boy is miserable with his girlfriend and they constantly argue over little shyt, but he won't end it even though I can tell he wants to.

She's really sensitive but he does push her buttons sometimes. He has toned his jokes down though, and he avoids certain topics, but they still get into it. He doesn't want to become one of those neutered men who just bows their head in order to avoid confrontation with their girlfriend.

They're both 23. No marriage, no kids. Been dating for a little over a year. It should be a clean break but he is hesitating to pull the trigger. He's either afraid of being the bad guy or afraid of hurting someone. At least that's all I can think of.

He's black, she's white. She was talking about marriage during a party the other night with her friends and my dude stood there like :patrice:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
i've been there. in my situation it was that the girl was a good...excuse me great girl and I knew that she was so I was sticking through it and dealing with her immaturity/ sensitivity...just trying to help her better her self. She was 18 and I'm 21 so I couldnt really expect much. SHe eventually moved to London so thats when I ended it.

It's tough. On one hand you know the girl is a great catch possessing many of the qualities you look for in a women. But on the other hand theyre so sensitive, challenging or immature so the frustration makes you wanna pull your hair out and the plug on the relationship.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Anyone ever felt like they were trapped in a relationship? My boy is miserable with his girlfriend and they constantly argue over little shyt, but he won't end it even though I can tell he wants to.

She's really sensitive but he does push her buttons sometimes. He has toned his jokes down though, and he avoids certain topics, but they still get into it. He doesn't want to become one of those neutered men who just bows their head in order to avoid confrontation with their girlfriend.

They're both 23. No marriage, no kids. Been dating for a little over a year. It should be a clean break but he is hesitating to pull the trigger. He's either afraid of being the bad guy or afraid of hurting someone. At least that's all I can think of.

He's black, she's white. She was talking about marriage during a party the other night with her friends and my dude stood there like :patrice:

your dating someone for a year and it sucks and you continue to do it? :crack:

get out now before a kid, life is short why be saddled with someone you dont want to be with

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Happiness > supposed quality of woman, regardless of what she brings to the table.

You only live once. It makes no sense to go through it unhappily.

Seea

rill rill
Daps
Reppin
Nope.
It's already over. Once you start feeling trapped it's not a good sign; I've never personally seen such that particular issue rectified. He needs to pull the trigger and be done with it. She'll be hurt down the line when he decides to cheat.

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
the next relationship may not be always better

if she is a catch, then work through it.
It's tough. On one hand you know the girl is a great catch possessing many of the qualities you look for in a women. But on the other hand theyre so sensitive, challenging or immature so the frustration makes you wanna pull your hair out and the plug on the relationship.
I've never heard him describe her as a catch in any way but I understand what you guys are saying.

its only easy to tell somebody to walk out of a relationshi- an ACTUAL relationship, not that 2 month shyt.... when you're not the one in it.
True, that's why I try to stay out of it and I've never told him to dump her, even though I think he should. I ended a long-term relationship two years ago and it was one of the hardest things I've ever done. I felt like garbage afterwards, even though I didn't do anything wrong.

your dating someone for a year and it sucks and you continue to do it? :crack:

get out now before a kid, life is short why be saddled with someone you dont want to be with
Happiness > supposed quality of woman, regardless of what she brings to the table.

You only live once. It makes no sense to go through it unhappily.
He is terrified of being the bad guy or having someone be upset with him. That's his biggest problem in everything he does. I used to be like that too though.

It's already over. Once you start feeling trapped it's not a good sign; I've never personally seen such that particular issue rectified. He needs to pull the trigger and be done with it. She'll be hurt down the line when he decides to cheat.
Yeah I can't see this ending well but he isn't the type of guy who would cheat on her. Dude values loyalty to a fault (which is why he's my friend). However, I do agree that he needs to end it.

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
There's this girl I'm dealing with. Loyal and catering and all that good shyt u want in a serious relationship. But we both 22 and it's semi long distance.. I'm just not ready. I want all that shyt but I'm also just tryna be free and fukk around like a normal 22 should. I don't wanna be tied down this young in the game and regret it when I'm older. I'm just tryna live my life, im too young to settle:to:

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
if she is white it means there can be hope...since they are sometimes easy to work with.

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:)
no matter what put your whole heart into whatever you're doing. i'm in a terrible relationship for the first time in my life and it's driven me to do all sorts of shyt outside of my character.

Rominati

Legendary Poster
Daps
There's this girl I'm dealing with. Loyal and catering and all that good shyt u want in a serious relationship. But we both 22 and it's semi long distance.. I'm just not ready. I want all that shyt but I'm also just tryna be free and fukk around like a normal 22 should. I don't wanna be tied down this young in the game and regret it when I'm older. I'm just tryna live my life, im too young to settle:to:

"You know what you got to do son"

52052.jpg